Flo-Flex?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already done :cool: , the fronts are here

FloFlexBush.jpg

Weird how one side is square, and the other has a rounded internal edge :?:

FloFlexBush2.jpg

Ill just try and remember what is did with the large rears now!! :?

Found em!

FloFlex3.jpg

So thats 66.29 for the large bush (it actually measures about 66.1 but the caliper slipped for the pic)

And the small bush is about 36mm.

The one thing I cant vouch for is how long they last, I only had them fitted for a few days before removing.

It says further up, but I was struggling to keep my car in a straight line when accelerating, it was due to having much power in a FWD car, but also because I didn't put the subframe on square!! I thought it might have been the bushes, so I swapped them for powerflex, but it mode no difference.

I fitted a Flo Flex gearbox bush set and it was total bollocks. Both were far too big and far too hard. Ended up shaving it to fit and filled it full of holes to take away the harshness. I guess that could have been down to lack of research I suppose

It could be lack of research, or more orientated towards track use rather then rd use. I have power flex torque link bushes in mine, and they are very harsh, but it's what I wanted to prevent engine movement. I could be wrong but it seems flo flex only do 1 grade of bush, like a 1 size fits all, but peoples requirements are different. Powerflex do a range, & seem to have done more research, but then the price is reflective of that.

Powerflex don't do a rear torque link for the puma or mk5 fiesta, perhaps they knew there were too many variances in the sizes. I've never heard of anyone having issues fitting powerflex bushes though, only issues I've heard of is harshness of the ride.

i suppose it's a matter if what you find bearable really. my bushes are shot and i'm looking to replace them, i may try flo-flex. might get lucky and have them fit properly

Yeah its worth a try, sure theyre cheaper but if they dont fit then you can always by others. Strangely though, OEM wishbones with bushes fitted are cheaper than single bushes that you have to fit.

I fitted a Flo flex fitted torque limiter / lower gearbox mount today mostly to help diagnose a transmission clunk, and other minor probs. I like the improvement it has made to the car and I definately need /ed a new one. It is however harsh in as much as it gives the car a deep roughish boom (If this was fitted to your car and you werent told what the mod was you might think its had a loud exhaust fitted)

So I'm looking for any well thought out ideas on drilling holes in it to reduce the vibration / boom to about half way between standard noise / vibration and what is now. In as much as what pattern to drill and what sizes to drill and where.

Nooo ripped off again :( , does the Hag act like a passenger in a motorsport sidecar i.e. leaping around to help the handling

Back