focus rear brakes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

negwhoopwhoop

Just some info please. i have got a set of focus rear discs and calipers off a focus st. i woz wandering wot handbrake cable do i use. the focus one has slots on each end which will fit onto the caliper but will the cable be longer because it came off a focus. the Puma one has different ends and won't fit the caliper. . so info would be appreciated. thanks

Focus cable will work, but you have to use all the adjustment. That's what I did on mine. Puma cable has the wrong ends as you already know. There is a theory that a Fiesta (ST) cable would be a better fit, but I haven't tried this myself.

Straight bolt on if (like me) you ditch the ABS. If you want to keep the ABS then some drilling and tapping is needed to get the sensor in the right place.
I bought everything needed, hubs, backplates, calipers, discs & pads and cables off eBay for £120.
In fairness, while it does give a slight improvement in braking, it's really more of a cosmetic mod as the gains aren't that big.

puma-2114.jpg

thanks for that....will check out a fiesta st cable then to c the fitments.if not will use the focus one...did u say i just need to adjust at the caliper end for the handbrake to work.....thanks again...

There is no adjustment at the caliper, it's all on the cable, where it meets the handbrake lever and where cable splits into two under the car. :)

i have the standard focus read disk set up on my fiesta, with a st cable, a lot better fit but is £50 from fords!

will be fitting the same set up to my puma in order to fit abs, which bit will i have to drill to accept the abs sensor?

i had to make a notch in the axle spacer so i could bolt in the abs sensor...its not a lot to take off...just a few mm...

right you fucking beautiful people

i dont run abs sensors so nothing will need modding for that, what would i need to buy to conver to focus rear discs? discs, calipers, spindle, frp cable, what else? will it bolt straight on? and from what focus?

No you will need focus stub axle, the setup comes from MK 1 focus.

Stub axle
Splash shield
Hub
Caliper
Disc
Pads
Handbrake cable
Hub nut
Hub nut cover

Any Focus with rear discs, I understand they are all the same. That should be anything 2 litre (petrol or diesel) and any of the sporty models. Poss 1.8 models too.
Have a search on eBay there are loads of people selling "conversion kits" from cars they are breaking.

ScubaSteve said:
can i use the exisiting stub axle?

Dude you may have problems if you run 20mm spacers as the rear disk hubs add 11.6mm so yo have to downsize your spacers to 12.5 mm

yeah iv already changed my mind lol, i cba they wont give me any better braking i was just having a mad moment on ebay to see what i could find lol

answer, not a lot

Latest posts

Back