"Friday" R99 JRW - Very Picture Heavy

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm like a child with my ideas... changing my mind every five minutes... but hey, here is a new revised list of tasks that I am looking to complete, funny thing is, i told someone not too long ago that my car was nearly finished with me messing about with it..... :funny: Perhaps i was diluding myself....

What I aim to do in the first month of getting back to it:

Right wishbone replaced
New Front subframe powdercoated
New suspension bushes (Powerflex this time, not Floflex)
Rear beam replaced and powdercoated
Rear 30mm spacers fitted
Suspension (of some sort, coilovers, height adjustable, any ideas?)
S1600 2 Pot Rear Alcon Caliper conversion
Underneath fully treated (copying Simon as it is fabulous work)
New Exhaust heat Shield
Polyurethane Wheel Guards (Replacing that cloth rubbish)

New Side repeaters
HID lights
Radiator fan system fixed
New Air Filter
New LED Rear Lights (C/O Topmansparkie)
Black Kaylan Mud Flaps

FRP Rear bench seat and quarter panels removed
New Steering wheel & Steering wheel buttons
Black Carpet
Rear Cosmetic roll cage (waiting to hear back from Safety Cages if they’ll make me one)
New Interior rear flooring
New slim line interior panels made
Rear interior panels flocked
Dash Flocked
Lower central console flocked

Shark Fin Ariel fitted
Rear Wiper removed
New F2 rear wing struts fitted
Revised rear bumper (removal of MS Designs Valance)
Matt Black Graffiti Bonnet (For the Nurburgring as I can’t have Bonnet pins)
Carbon vinyl wrapping things to death... might do myself too hehehe

Engine & Power Tasks:

Full engine rebuild
Nitrous Injection (Possibly)
Turbo Conversion 270bhp+ (due spring/summer 2013)

Future Tasks

Larger Fuel Tank
RS Mk2 Front Seats (might turn my FRP seats into office chairs)

Possible Tasks

Full Wide Arch Conversion
RS Mk2 Front Bumper
RS Mk2 Rear Bumper

Winter Kit Tasks:

New Front Bumper
New Alloys (sourced some black Speedline Corse 17s)
New Winter Tyres
Fit Hella Spot Lamps

Full FRP body plus RS bumpers sounds sweet, sounds like Daniel S's German FRP replica, looking forward to seeing that build come along!

d170sam said:
Full FRP body plus RS bumpers sounds sweet, sounds like Daniel S's German FRP replica, looking forward to seeing that build come along!

Yeah, that's where that idea came from, but if i was to tackle that, that would be the autum of 2013 after all the rest has been done. It does look ace though doesnt it.

Flying Scotsman said:
d170sam said:

Yeah, that's where that idea came from, but if i was to tackle that, that would be the autum of 2013 after all the rest has been done. It does look ace though doesnt it.

Are there any pics of it? would love to see what it looks like

Topic thread is title 'a german FRP is born (picture heavy' The only down side I see with the mk2 rs bumper if u look at Daniels is that even with 19" wheels, the front of that bumper is too low, plus it's already being done! How about a mk1 rs bumper grafted in?! Any one any good with photoshop?

are floflex bushes any good i just been looking at those on ebay and seem really well priced :grin:

d170sam said:
Topic thread is title 'a german FRP is born (picture heavy' The only down side I see with the mk2 rs bumper if u look at Daniels is that even with 19" wheels, the front of that bumper is too low, plus it's already being done! How about a mk1 rs bumper grafted in?! Any one any good with photoshop?

Here's a friends Puma with Mk1 bumper:

http://www.catracing.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And i bought a full set of floflex bushes 90% didnt fit properly.

Just bought a set of these for my Puma overhaul when I get back

1573812.jpg

The idea when you come back from deployment is you have thousands in the bank to waste on your car!

I guess internet access deployed means you can spend it still when away!!

It used to be a common joke that when we got back from a 6 month deployment that the base would be full of new sportscars as people had enough money saved for a deposit on a brand new car.

warrenpenalver said:
The idea when you come back from deployment is you have thousands in the bank to waste on your car!

I guess internet access deployed means you can spend it still when away!!

It used to be a common joke that when we got back from a 6 month deployment that the base would be full of new sportscars as people had enough money saved for a deposit on a brand new car.

Im only buying small things lol.... the big things i will get when i get back.... have to buy the bargins when theyre available though.

And you say we..... what were you?

Ah thank you very much for that, and for the consideration.
I was looking into Bilstein Coilovers, Proflex are a bit too pricey for a daily car, but also with possibly widening the track of the car I may just have to use the FRP suspension I have. I may just get some cheap AP's until I widen the track.

No worries, as you didn't want them I bought them instead! But I thought I'd give you first heads up as I wouldn't be using them for a while yet.

I would like to see your eibach before and after piccies before I buy mine, I would be well pissed off if I spent that much and ended up with as little difference as Pixies, surely she must have been sold the wrong springs?

Back