"Friday" R99 JRW - Very Picture Heavy

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has got to be without a doubt, the best looking puma i have seen. Love it. I even like the bodykit, spoiler and bonnet scoop which is weird for me to say. Love the new 17's on it. I dont think it should be lowered now. The higher ride height gives it that rally look.

Disagree on that, think you should lower it, would set it off a treat.
But I do agree with haGGard that the car is looking mighty fine and love the wheels, keep up the good work :eek:k:

yes we saw it in the flesh the other day, it is totally gorgeous...white really is the perfect colour, cannot imagine why ford did not do a white one...

paulob1 said:
yes we saw it in the flesh the other day, it is totally gorgeous...white really is the perfect colour, cannot imagine why ford did not do a white one...

Thank you Paul, and it is strange... whenever car manufacturers bring out a new range... there is always bound to be some disgusting colours and some very obvious choice colours left out.... Do they have GOK in their design department...?

Flying Scotsman said:
Adding to the list above... i'm now starting to get the parts for the turbo charger conversion.

Parts on their way:

Garrett T25 Turbo
Intercooler
Oil Catch Tank
Adjustable Dump Valve
Air/Fuel Pressure Regulator

Looking into re-locating the battery to the boot to free up engine bay space.

Rolling road set for Thurs 8th

i think you might mean air/fuel gauge and fuel pressure regulator.

Your car does look good, if you are putting the battery in the boot, then may i suggest making a side mount turbo manifold, its really tight behind the engine, and you should see better results with longer primaries. Then you dont have to worry about the turbofouling the block, or fouling the driveshaft.

Its just an idea as thats the route im going with mine.

The frozen white does look mint, and stock too.

Parts slowly coming in for the turbo conversion....

Adjustable Dump Valve
Oil Catch Tank
Intercooler
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator with Gauge

DSC_1320-2.jpg

Had the car on the Rolling Road today...... I don't know why but I am quite disappointed with the result.........

Apparently its also running very lean....... how do i sort that? new map on the ECU?

DSC_1327-3.jpg

DSC_1329-2.jpg

I am with out a doubt... putting that turbo on......

It's not always about peak BHP figures, it's a good curve, and faifly consistant torque, you could have a pesky map, running about 160bhp, but it has no power low or mid range, yours shows it has very usable power! Put that against a 200bhp civic type r on a track, & you might be pleasantly suprised!!

Shame about the weather, but at least you had your car to keep you dry, worst case scenario, your car would have blown up on the rollers, and you'd be waiting at the bus stop, looking like a pollock in your shorts!!! :)

At least you know you've definately seen a power increase from what you've done so far. How far are you with preparations for the turbo? Have you got all the bits yet??

Sparx said:
At least you know you've definately seen a power increase from what you've done so far. How far are you with preparations for the turbo? Have you got all the bits yet??

Ive got some bits, but i put it on hold this month as i bought the other car. I aim to get alot more parts next month.
And start work on the rally car too ready for its welding and roll cage.

Sparx said:
Great stuff :eek:k: So which one was you working on this weekend? :lol:

Was going to do some work on the rally one, but the weather decided to ruin that. Still need some logistics to sort out for it before i can really start the work on it.
I did get an alternator to get the engine running, but as i do... i pulled it apart to clean it... and cant get it back together.... thats just typically me....lol

Oh its been dry here all day thats a shame for you - but then if youre still after bits then maybe its a good thing to wait ;)

Flying Scotsman said:

I did get an alternator to get the engine running, but as i do... i pulled it apart to clean it... and cant get it back together.... thats just typically me....lol

Typical :funny:

Latest posts

Back