Front Air Splitter/ Re-styling The Front End.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burger Boy

Hello everyone
I want to change the look of the front and was wondering which air splitter is the best at a cost not exceeding £200? Or is it better to buy a new body kit styled front bumper with splitter all in one? If so, again which one and how much/ where from?

Many Thanks

Cheers
Scott.

Pumaspeed sell a FRP replica splitter from memory for a hundred and something.

Depends what look you're going for.

Burger Boy heres some pics of my Type R splitter :wink:
P10108862-1.jpg

P1010885.jpg

Burger Boy said:
Will it fit on the standard bumper? or just the wider FRP bumper?
Cheers
Scott

It does fit the standard bumper, you just get about an inch either side but i like that.
Here's mine:

18750_296408847819_716482819_3958697_6617187_n.jpg

18750_296408912819_716482819_3958703_8064009_n.jpg

and this is where i got it from:

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.jsp?productID=258" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)

Thanks for the Pic's Vitch-w & Sparx, loving the cars.

Excellent graphic's Sparx, looking at Ford Racing graphic's for mine.

Sprax - So that is the standard FRP splitter that fits straight onto the standard Puma without any meshing about? must admit it looks good with the over hang on both sides.

Cheers
Scott

Thanks Sparx - just look at the Puma Speed Link and it explains that it does fit ok on a standard puma bumper with M6 bolts.

Spot on, many thanks

Scott.

It's a bit more involved than just bolting on, you need small angle brackets to fit it and also trim the original rubber skirt down. It does look good when its done.

Do you get the angle brackets with the splitter, or do you need to form the brackets yourself?
Cheers
Scott

How big where the brackets? (i.e 1" square angle bracket) And how many do I need?

Will nip to B&Q in my lunch break and get some ready for fitting.

Cheers
Scott

The more the better because you have to remember it has to withstand speeds of over 100mph and yes, the lad i fitted one for boughts his brackets from B&Q

Incase you needed a little more help with this, here is the step by step How-To for fitting an FRP Splitter onto a standard bumper. A friend over on Puma People fitted this for me and this is the guide he's made :)

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=84940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really!? Isn't that abit petty..? Well i did ask Chris before passing it on and he didn't ask me where i was posting it so i thought it would be ok.

Besides they're my photo's lol

:)

surely if your posting links to pumapeople here you're encouraging projectpuma members to visit their site? :lol:

sorry for going off topic by the way... :)

Latest posts

Back