Front rubber spoiler hardware

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian cox

Hi,
Just in case you want to refit the rubber spoiler in what i believe is the factory method. So I trust it is of interest to someone.

When i bought my car the front bumper rubber spoiler was loose. I could see that the factory used pop rivets and large washers to hold it in place.
I am guessing that if you drive over something and then reverse you can pull the rivets and spoiler away form the plastic bumper.
I found this unsightly and wanted to fix it.

First tried to buy a new rubber spoiler but they are NLA. However a managed buy a NOS rubber spoiler kit through Facebook that contained not only the rubber spoiler but all the hardware parts and their individual part codes. I will fit this when I refresh the bodywork on my car.
A quick email to Forays and these parts are available and you need 6 off each item and the cost shipped to the door is around £20. April 2019 prices.

All these parts are appear unique.
I obtained large black headed rivets but the length i found is 18mm and the Ford part is 19mm.
The large washer is not just a standard penny washer available but a smaller diameter thinner one.

Please below some pictures of what the spoiler looked liked with the original rivets and during the process of me refurbishing it.
Just need to take a final picture of it all back in place.

Kind regards Ian

Attachments

• 190503 Bumper hardwaree.jpg
    190503 Bumper hardwaree.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 75
Hi
Further pictures
Kind regards Ian

Attachments

• 190503 starting pointe.jpg
    190503 starting pointe.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 190503 finished ready refittinge.jpg
    190503 finished ready refittinge.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 74
Hi,
Please see attached a picture of the refitted rivets/washers and cleaned spoiler.

I have also added in the pictures of the products i use to get the end result. The Wurth stuff to clean and then the Zymol to finish.
Nearly as good as new. A nice clean natural look not over shiny :grin:
Another tip is to use a really good quality pop rivet gun as drawing up a 19mm rivet needs 2/3 squeezes of the gun and then the rivet snaps with a real crack.

You only need 5 rivets and washers NOT 6 my error.

Kind regards Ian

Attachments

• 190503 cleaning producte.jpg
    190503 cleaning producte.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 190503 completee.jpg
    190503 completee.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 55
Hi,
I don't believe it.

Having bought the hardware parts a few days ago I go back and ask to buy some more and the rivets have gone NLA.
I am sure I did not buy the last 6 on the shelf.
So now I need to hunt down further parts for when I need to disassemble the bumper for repainting. :evil: :evil:

Who is buying up these NLA parts? Come on own up! :grin:

Kind regards Ian

Latest posts

Back