Frozen white puma upgrage engine?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaxeman

Hello puma people....
im still working on my focus rs white puma and have good the puma looking very nice, but and dont get me wrong the 1.7 is a good runner but i want something under the bonnet that just makes the puma one of a kind and gives me that lovely turbo noise maybe! or a ford bigger engine?
any suggestions??
rs 2000?
2.0 zetec?
or turbo the 1.7?? and if so what process to take.
any advice would be much appreciated!!

Also since the last time i posted i have added Axle spacers with black mudflaps. and chucked in a alpine head unit! heres a little pic. :grin:
Also the front is fine but the rear needs to be lower any suggestions?

215318_10150168347843953_706618952_6745296_3465112_n.jpg

199261_10150150940343953_706618952_6596958_3101610_n.jpg
:)

Man that puma looks sexy in white!! A bit more beef under the bonnet would do it justice. I reckon turbo or duratec! They wont throw the balance out on the car as they wont alter the weight too much. A zetec is a fairly easy change over, you can put the 2.0 silvertop or blacktop zetec in with a 1.8 flywheel and it mates to the puma gearbox, and the silvertop will run off the puma loom and ecu, will just throw a fault code from the vct. Just needs a custom engine mount on drivers side. Its a heavier engine, and custom exhaust as its on the front not rear. Either option would be great and could yield great results. I feel cvh is a step backwards, but thats just my opinion.

thanks for the heads up matey i think im going to go with a turbo or the 2.0 silvertop or blacktop zetec something with just a little more bite! im still looking around for a good engine, Yeah i chucked her on ebay as i thought i needed to sell and wanted to see what interest i would get but i changed my mind and pulled her off!! just couldnt do it in the end being in white people go mental for the colour! thanks again peeps.

Looks loooovvveeeerrrlllyyyy :D Although i would have gone for white wheels but each to their own ;)
There was a Puma down at Lydden at the BHP show that had a 2.0 Mondeo engine in it. No clue as to if its a good upgrade just thought i'd mention it :)

Back