FRP 15th Anniversary @ Dunton With Peter Beattie

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not looking likely that my car will be there anymore. Not had much progress lately at LMS so not looking like it's going go be ready in time, which is a shame but we might still try and come for the day.

Thats a shame. However do come along regardless of what car you're in :)

I know my son is looking forward to this very much. He is going with Chris Newton and will be on the Lightning Motorsport stand so be sure to go and have a chat with them down there!

I'm also really looking forward to this :)
Weather forecast looks promising too. Should be a good trip down from Notts.
Paul

Well guys and especially Aaron, what an amazing day! Thank you so much for putting it all on and organising it, couldn't have asked for better weather conditions or turnout really, it was great - and a good opportunity to finally meet some people and put faces to names.

I have lots and lots of pictures taken from the day, may I post some on this thread?

Thanks, Dan.

I second that :)
Many thanks to Peter, Matt and Aaron and anybody else involved in organising this event, it must have taken some efffort.
And well done Errol and Alex for winning the trophies...again :roll: :lol:
Burgers were nice too :lol:
Paul

Thank you to all those who took the time and effort to organise and host this event.

It was great to see so many FRPs in such good condition and fantastic to hear from Peter about the FRP's development and production. (Not to mention the after sales stories)!

To echo earlier comments the burgers were delicious, as was the ice cream and all were reasonably priced, I felt.

Overall a fantastic day, which could not have been bettered in my opinion.

Thanks again for putting this event on. I hope you found the time to enjoy it too.

Sounds like an amazing day - gutted I couldn't go. Did anyone film the speech or fancy spending an age going though some of the stories!

Phrase of the day, "K&N? Rubbish! What you need is a bit of pipe from B&Q and some donkey dick."

evilrob said:
Phrase of the day, "K&N? Rubbish! What you need is a bit of pipe from B&Q and some donkey dick."
:lol:
Also, was interesting that he said they had to paint it black. B&Q supply it in black these days.

James, I'm sure you would have enjoyed it too. As would anyone with an interest in fast Fords and motorsport in general.
It was amazing to see the amount of detail Peter logged on the build of each FRP, and how passionate he was about the project. And he still regards all the remaining cars as his 'babies'.
Paul

Thank you all for coming along guys, all these events are nothing without you.

I'm glad all of you was able to take something from the event and i look forward to seeing you all on the next one.

If anyone has any photos, please post them up as i was unable to look round any of the cars and missed out on most of the photoshoot at the beginning.

Well chaps, I have hijacked my dads account - I really should get around to making my own one shouldn't I?

Anyway, unlike 748, I don't think you would appreciate all 417 of the photos that I took yesterday so I have chosen a few of the best ones!

Thanks for such an awesome day Aaron and everyone else who was involved, was great to be on the Lightning Motorsport stand and finally get round to meeting a few people from here.

IMG_0799_zps2wkhzfbe.jpg

IMG_0781_zps5qo4o6fj.jpg

IMG_0775_zps9ph0puid.jpg

IMG_0827_zpsxpu4lsei.jpg

IMG_0873_zpslceyuvb0.jpg

IMG_0829_zpst9aoqp9s.jpg

IMG_0934_zpsuqjlfdut.jpg

IMG_0938_zpsdcxupg0a.jpg

IMG_0995_zpsd74o8bw5.jpg

IMG_0942_zps1dntmdhm.jpg

IMG_1049_zpszxdff0hm.jpg

IMG_1004_zpsyxf85bfv.jpg

IMG_1113_zpsl9zkw5mh.jpg

IMG_1079_zpslivvt1pb.jpg

IMG_1089_zpsy9ka0uuu.jpg

IMG_1098_zpsakgz1prl.jpg

IMG_1114_zpsexi4e4vf.jpg

IMG_1133_zpszf0qale7.jpg

IMG_1116_zpsrovqkifj.jpg

IMG_1124_zpsgolukznw.jpg

IMG_1141_zpslc3prcqt.jpg

IMG_1149_zpsafcjs8g9.jpg

IMG_1154_zps2xnj6ckw.jpg

Hope everyone else had a good day and I look forward to the next one.

Dan :grin:

Back