frp #246 for sale

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeFRP

FOR SALE

Standard Specification:
Ford Racing Puma: no. #0246 of 500
153 bhp (as standard)
Widened track – 68mm front and 53mm at the rear
Uprated coil springs and damper units
Alcon aluminium 4 piston calipers
295mm ventilated (and rotational) front discs
270mm rear discs single piston calipers
Extended front and rear wings
Revised bumpers with splitter at the front
Unique Alcantara trim
Individually numbered inlet manifolds.

Tax: SORN
MOT: Will MOT for new buyer
67000 miles
FSH
Regrettably I am putting my beloved Ford Racing Puma up for sale due to needed a house deposit. I have owned this car since January 2008 and has been an excellent car all round. It has been my weekend car throughout my ownership and taken to various shows and events around the country. It has excellent service history throughout and has had £1000’s spent since ive owned it!

Interior
As standard the FRP comes with Sparco Bucket seats, finished in blue alcantara, blue alcantara front and rear door cards, rear seats and covered steering wheel. The whole interior is in fantastic condition, no rips, tears or burns anywhere. I sourced a new rear seat base and back afew years ago at the NCC and it hasn’t even be sat in since! At the same time I found ‘nearly new’ front seats in which are perfect condition. I have also made the addition of blue gear and handbrake gaiters which do match well. A blue LED conversion of the dash, heater control panel, interior light and window switches was all done 4 years ago which add a good effect with the rest of the interior styling. The only downside to the interior is the alcantara on the steering wheel is worn and coming away. I do have 1m by 1.2m of genuine alcantara I bought when I first got the car. Will include for additional funds. The interior will all be fully cleaned before the buyer collects.

Under the Bonnet
This is where i spent the money restoring this car, This car has spent ALOT of time in Nottingham where eldood has done £1000’s pound of work to this car. If this was done at a garage it would of been triple if not more for the work and done to know where near this standard, I only ever take my car to Chris!!
In June 2010 he did a full rear axle overhaul. This included reconditioned rear callipers, brackets, pads and discs. Rear hub spindles, bearings, tone wheels, splash guards. Also a Full under body strip down and rust treatment with new exhaust rubbers and o rings. All costing £543.50 just for parts.

Then back to Chris again in 2011. This time new front suspension was fitted with new top mount rubbers, new rear suspension fitted and powerflex bushes all round. At the same time Chris also modified my rear speaker pods fitted Boston Acoustics s range 6x9’s and uprated the front speakers with dynamat extreme sound deadening, all looks standard but sounds so much better. He also fitted a brand new LSD frp gearbox, one of only 3 i believe the NCC got from ford. Then repaired the spider bearing, gear linkage and fitted a new linkage rod. And provided a full service using mobil 1 engine oil.

The TPS wiring mod was also done at this time (a common fault with the frp)

Again all coming in at £550 just for parts

The wheels are still as standard, 17’ Speedline Tourinis with Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres fitted, a good all round tyre for this car. Both front and rear tyres are roughly 2000 miles old so are pretty much new. The wheels have been polished and waxed twice yearly for the past 6 years. And I had them refurbed 3 years ago. 3 of them look brand new. However one I stupidly kerbed about a month after I had them done and havnt had it redone The four-pot Alcon calipers have been serviced by Chris, he takes these apart checks all seals, removes the pistons and generally gives them a good clean-up, replacing any necessary bolts before reassembling them. The Alcon’s have also been powder coated to match the colour of the car and really do look the part. The discs have plenty of life left on them and new textar pads have been fitted around april 2011.

Another desirable modification done to the car is having a WON Nitrous system fitted professionally by Chris. This is no push and go crap, its the real deal!!

It consists of 11lb bottle with custom bracket, Won pulsoids serviced before installation, and a max extreme street progressive controller, Chris also has my nitrous and fuel transducers which we didn’t get round to fitting. This system is 100% safe and really adds a great boost to the car. For more information about this system have a look at chris (eldood) nitrous thread on pumapeople my kit is pretty much the same as his and a very detailed thread on the kit is found there.
The kit costs around £1000 and installation from WON is around £500 so a worth while modification that really adds to the enjoyment of the frp.

I also have the original brochure and numbered specification booklet for the car, both in mint condition. The car will come with the Personalised number plate: S222SHH and 2 remote keys in total.

I had a viper 480 alarm fitted by gap security when i first bought the car for added security at a cost of £500 also.

In my opinion this car is mechanically perfect, its had the money spent where it matters on a 13 year old car and it drives like new. Chris has seen and driven alot of frps over the years and im sure he can vouch for this one.
If i was going to keep the car, which i wish i could! I would respray the front bumper, fix a small rust patch one the rear arch and retrim the steering wheel and this would be an frp to be proud of and give you many many happy years motoring!

The car is currently sorn and has been since sept 2011 when i took it of the road due to financial reasons.

The car has been started regularly and always garaged with a custom frp cover fitted to be extra snug.

Any questions please ask and i can get plenty more pics if required. A quick search on here will lead you too my project thread too.

Car is based in WA11 postcode St Helens

Price £6750

Will get some pics up this weekend. In the meantime check out my project thread. Plenty of pics of the work done there.

Could be possible if it doesn't sell as a whole. It's a really neat install though and Chris (Eldood) said it wud be a faf to get off.

How much would you offer?

What would you want for it? I'd probably only keep the controller, bottle heater and other controlling items. Replaces the jets etc

Don't really understand why you wouldn't keep the wiring (it's fitted perfect for the puma) the solonoids have been fully serviced and all seals replaced by wizards of nos 2 years ago but only one bottle of nitrous ago. The bracket for the bottle is also brand new. That was custom built by a member of this forum.

In other words this whole kit is effectively brand new and ready to go.

If I did have to sell it seperstely I'd want £700.

Really don't want to undo all your hard work Eldood :(

Hopefully someone will buy it as a whole and they can enjoy the car :)

I do hope so...

It's doubtful once ripped out you'd be able to fit it back in the same tidy way again to be honest... as soon as you take these kits out it just looks like a jumble sale of wires and a pair of pulsoids..lol

Try and leave it if you can... i remember it feeling fantastic just on the standard 25HP jets

:cool:

It did mate. Feels awesome. I had it for 1 bottle on 25hp jets. And the other on 50hp jets. So 2 bottles used with the kit!!

Pretty pethetic considering all the hard work and time you spent with the car!

love these cars with a bit of NOS, just gives them the go they always needed...not sure these cars will ever go back much above 5k...amazed people sell at 4 k let alone above, would be great to see it but I just dont....good luck with the sale...they are worth the money people forget just how reliable and fuel efficient and practical they are...and i keep saying this, nothing on the road is as much fun for the money...the combination of handling, urge and direction change makes it really unique..they are brilliant little cars...

It is. Sorry I haven't been on here since I last posted!

Call or text on 07545489345

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back