FRP hard ride - solutions requested

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't like using mine for long journeys, although the Piper exhaust probably had something to do with it :lol:

Too noisy, firm and uncomfortable for motorway work IMO. The standard Puma is a much better compromise in that respect. I must be getting old.

Not trying to be rude but i really think with regards to the FRP ride its either Put-up or Sell-up.

Thanks to everyone for your information and opinions and to all members who have offered me rides in their FRPs to compare.
Certainly food for thought. Although I have owned 2 regular Pumas before, I recognise that the FRP is a completely different car. I understand and accept that the hardness of the ride may be the price I have to pay for the FRP privilege, nonetheless I just feel that it shouldn't feel quite so harsh. :? I am in South Yorkshire so those local members may see FRP 61 in that locality. It sometimes ventures into West Yorks and North Notts too! :grin:

Hi Guys I do also find my FRP very hard the roads where I live are really bad Ive tried adjusting the seat lifting
the rear up to help open up the pelvis and relax the back muscles It did help I also have a small strip of thin foam
in the small of my back and that really works.
I have read a write up on the FRP written when the car came out saying If you like your fillings don't buy one......
also my mate has taken it for the mot got you and said How the hell do you drive that every day....
it is a FRP its hard but that's why its so dam good :grin:

As with all things harsh is to you maybe different to everyone else, ride is very subjective..I can say on the right roads my teeth would not stay in long and I don't mean my fillings. it has to be one of the most uncomfortable cars ever when you get onto a really bumpy road.

think your jag has the wrong wheels fitted... :lol:

I think its all about personal taste, but you could never say an FRP is smooth on a bumpy road...

Back