Fuel guage woe's

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john gordon

My fuel guage was very speratic, it would read empty when it was anything less than 3/4 full then the guage would work.
I presumed it would be the sender so changed it for a new one. Now my guage permenantly reads 1/4 full reagardless of fuel level.
have tested both sender units with the multimeter and they are reading right. I take it i have a dash problem. Anyone got any ideas? Its a 2000 model with the digital dash.

Its must be the indicator on the dash that is faulty. Since the reading is locket on 1/4 its seem to be no reading at all on the instrument,

oh forgot to post about this. I fixed it myself. I studied the sender i took out, i noticed that there was a lot of play in the float arm and that when wiggled about it would pull the contacts off the slider. So i stripped it and bent the contacts in so that they were always touching the board. job jobbed, all fixed now

john gordon said:
oh forgot to post about this. I fixed it myself. I studied the sender i took out, i noticed that there was a lot of play in the float arm and that when wiggled about it would pull the contacts off the slider. So i stripped it and bent the contacts in so that they were always touching the board. job jobbed, all fixed now

hi i am having the same problem with my fuel gauge, but i am a mere woman and havnt got a clue were the sender is, CAN YOU HELP?????

Fitted in the top of the fuel tank. You'll need to drop the tank from under the car to get to it.

YOG said:
Fitted in the top of the fuel tank. You'll need to drop the tank from under the car to get to it.

Thanks for that, i think that is a job for a mechanic x

Back