Fuel Leaking from Hose Between Filler Neck & Tank

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cptcoathanger

Afternoon,

Just had my Puma back from the garage (for something else, unrelated) and they say they've noticed the rubber fuel hose that joins the filler neck to the tank is perished and leaking... but after speaking to Ford this part isn't available any more.

Does anyone know of the part number or whereabouts I could source on of these replacement pipes? And maybe what the proper name for it is even?

My Puma's a 2001 1.7l model, if that makes any difference...

Edit #1: I'm guessing this is part they're talking about
Part Diagram.jpg

Edit #2: This schematic https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/57/no/22/1558/15537/67755/#9047 looks like the part is #1139983

Cheers!

Adam

If you have no luck getting the correct pipe, i would drop into your local motor factors, they should have fuel hose available by length, measure what you need first, so long as its flexible it should be fine

I have just had to replace the hose on my Puma, because it was turning to jelly, although not actually leaking. The internal diameter was 42mm, which appears not to be a standard size, so buying some online or from my local spares shop was unsuccessful.
I eventually bought a secondhand one off eBay.
It would perhaps be worth seeing if one from another make or model of car could be persuaded to fit.

while checking for fuel leaks, take a look att the fuel lines in the engine department. mine where very brittle and where starting to leak. easy to replace with standard 8mm id fuel hose. you can even reuse the quick connectors to the fuel rail and return.

Update on this thread for reference. I've just ordered and received this hose from Ford with no probs as of January 21..

Pugmanaught said:
Update on this thread for reference. I've just ordered and received this hose from Ford with no probs as of January 21..
Out of interest how much?

I've had the same trouble finding a generic replacement as 42mm isn't a standard size. You can get plenty of silicon radiator hoses in that diameter but they're not suitable for fuel.

I've seen a 2nd hand one on the Bay for £20 but it's likely to be as bad as the one I'm trying to replace.

Tigdlo said:
I have just had to replace the hose on my Puma, because it was turning to jelly, although not actually leaking. The internal diameter was 42mm, which appears not to be a standard size, so buying some online or from my local spares shop was unsuccessful.
I eventually bought a secondhand one off eBay.
It would perhaps be worth seeing if one from another make or model of car could be persuaded to fit.
Car builder solutions stock that kind off thing. Super helpful too, you can speak to a human too!

I can recommend Car Builder Solutions, they're very helpful.
A quick Google search found reinforced 42mm fuel hose, but in Australia, but if its available there, surely someone in the UK will stock it.

Hi, have a look at this thread re: filler pipe

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=33786&p=378587#p378587

Latest posts

Back