FULL RESPRAY

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lots depends if it involves removing glass, interiors, bumpers, etc.... or you want a blow over...

Also depends how much of the prep you can yourself

it also depends on whether the paint os metallic etc..

I got quoted 1200 for a full respray on my old Panther Black 1.7 with everything out. A blow over was gonna cost around £750

just as an idea :)

You're looking at about a £1k really but yea as already stated it depends if you want a proper job or just a blow over

£1k minimum. If you want the job doing properly I'd add at least another grand onto that.

This was one of the main catalysts for me selling the FRP. The bodywork was a state and I couldn't afford to get a proper job done on it :-(

the old how much is a respray question is pretty much the same as how long is a piece of string

the price varies massively depending on a big number of factors, for example:

any damage on the car to repair/rust/scratches etc,

if you want just the outside doing, or door shuts doing aswell, or engine bay and door shuts, or the whole hog inside and out,

if the car is going to be painted with windows still in and doors and bonnet/tailgate still on or if it is going to all be removed and sprayed soff the car,

depends on what colour the car is and what colour it is going, some colours can't just be painted over the top of another as you will never cover the colour underneath meaning more prep and car needing fully primed,

if any body mods are to be carried out,

stripping the car down before it goes to the bodyshop can cut the price abit but DO NOT prep it yourself, each bodyshop/panel beater/painter has their own process for prepping and when they do it they know its been done properly, if you prep it yourself before it goes to the bodyshop they will more than likely re do it all which can add time and cost if they have to strip primer/filler off etc,

what paint they use adjusts the price too, 2k solid, clear over base, waterbased, then there is cheaper brands of paint/materials and more expensive which will alter the price alot,

and many more factors

Its most often the case you get what you pay for, better to have it done 100% to your satisfaction than say pay £1200 and not be happy.

Mine was 2500, 2000 for the spray and then an extra 500 as they gave me a new tailgate, welded my rear wing struts in, new window, door and roof seals... so yes, you get what you pay for really.

Back