Gaskets

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trueblue

Does anyone know where I can get replacement gaskets for my intake manifold ?
I need to split the intake so need the middle one plus the ICV & throttle body gasket.

Dealers say that the middle one is no longer available & the throttle body gasket comes in at £14+ which seems a bit steep <_<

If not how about somewhere that sells the gasket material so I can make my own ?

Thanks.

On inlets I use 1.6mm
I don`t use Hylomar or any other sealant just the paper is good enough (you`d use this stuff if it was a `wet` application)
Make sure any old gasket is carefullty scraped away without scratching (shouldnt be a problem on the upper inlet joint, but may be on icv and tb)

Bin the inlet gasket for a piece of paper :eek: :eek:

They're easily available from Ford ..got the part number somewhere in my folder

changing the length of the induction could be detrimental I think :wink:

No el dude.
Not paper, Flexoid (or another gasket material)

also once compressed its more like 0.8mm
I`m not sure just how much that may affect things regarding the length of the inlet tract..

RTV is a god send :lol: I have used it on everything from cars to guttering and repairs to flat roofs :lol:
Only problem is when you have to split a joint later on and it's stuck fast :-(

I`ve had a stock of gasket paper in the shed for 20 years.
It means you can dismantle to your hearts content withoout running back and to to an auto factors.
Also, in custom applications there is often no other way.
plus on a build, those couple of quid a time add up if you have to keep adapting your mods.

Gasket paper rules
although on my 1st motor (73 Marina) I made my gaskets out of cereal packs and hylomar (it works!)

Back