Gave my engine Bay a Spruce up..enjoy!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leopold

Hi all

All, l wanted to do is fit the chrome Strut Covers which l purchased off ebay.. Done that, so away l go and thought that l would get my cleaning stuff out and clean the engine bay too..with surprising results. :cool:

BEFORE

IMG_0020sm.jpg

AFTER

IMG_0028sm.jpg

I also tried about of Autosol metal polish in the Exhaust Manifold Heat Shields..

BEFORE

IMG_0024sm.jpg

AFTER

IMG_0026sm.jpg

Looks great Lee! :grin: top job :eek:k:

I really want to get my engine bay cleaned up and looking nice. Any advice on how to clean it? Did you use a cloth and product or just a bucket of water and a sponge?

I've heard your not supposed to jetwash engine bays but unsure if thats true or not..

Hey thanks Amanda :eek:k:

I used TFR (traffic Film Remover), diluted 2:1. worked in with a brush (Paint brush ideal) left for 2 mins and rinsed with water. Yes you are right never use a Jetwash on a engine, unless you are extremely careful and wrap all the electrics up with cling film and use the jetwash on a very low pressure.

And then i used Back to Black on the plastics. If you need any further help, has l am a Amateur Valeter..and l know my stuff.

I actually work for a professional valeting company so i can get hold of diluted TFR no problem, we use it every day :lol:

But one thing we don't do is clean engine bays and to be honest i don't do any of the cleaning, I just work behind the desk (hence being on the internet all day!!) :lol:

But thanks for the advice I may have to try it! :eek:k:

I'd be happy with the before engine bay to be frank as it looks as good as the after to my untrained eye.....lol.

Can't believe how good them manifold shields came up!!. Got myself some Autosol, no idea why, but I may actually have a go at that......in the next year or two....lol.

Its taken you long enough to clean the exterior of your car Yip let alone under the bonnet :lol:

Ooh... Shiny! Good job! :thumbs:

Just a word of advice - make sure you get the right 'sol' product. I used Anusol by mistake - it was rubbish. (j/k)

:lol: ^^^

Picked up some TFR and a paintbrush from work today... looking forward to my day off now :D

Sparx said:
:lol: ^^^

Picked up some TFR and a paintbrush from work today... looking forward to my day off now :D

Excellent, lets hope the weather stay dry for you.. Be sure to do some Before & After pics :wink:

If you are cleaning the engine bay dont forget the areas behind the bulkhead you cant see, I did mine yesterday and found a ton of leaves, water and general detritus lurking under the pollen filter housing and sat on top of the heating inlet. Took half a kitchen roll to soak it all up as drain holes were blocked.

Back