General advice on CD players

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystalpuma

I know NOTHING about ICE. I even feel uncomfortable writing ICE.

Anyway...I am sick to death of morning radio since Chris Moyles left (don't judge me) and hence I need to buy myself a (2nd hand) CD radio for the Puma. Is there any advantage in getting the 6000 Ford one over an aftermarket one, and if I do get a non-Ford one, how easy is it to fit one with a smaller fascia? I know you can get blanking plates etc. but is it hard to get a perfect fit?

Not sure what else to say, would appreciate some advice for a beginner please!

I fitted an aftermarket Pioneer unit in my Focus and it was very very simple to fit. An extra piece of wiring harness and slot in the fascia adaptor and stereo cage. It even had Bluetooth for less than £100

The one I bought for the Puma was a 5 minute job, unplugged connector and aerial and refitted into new stereo. I must admit I was expecting it to be much harder and was shocked it fitted with no incompatibility between connectors.

Was cheap too at under £40 if I remember correctly, brand new from an Ebay seller who sells police recovered stuff CHEAP!! ;)

Fitting an after market unit is so simple even my wife could do it LOL
Just make sure you get the right wiring adapter and facia.
Changed mine for one with Bluetooth/ USB port and iPod connectivity.
Cost about £120 if I remember rightly.

Making a tidy and solid fit of the facia can take a bit more than 5mins :grin:

I tend to bond the facia to the radio cage and then cut down a channel on the top part of the cage so that you can fit the cage and facia as one unit, and still access the top support rail when you slide the radio in place...

if it's not a good fit you can end up with some right sqeaks and rattles behind the CD especially if you've added a load of wiring loom as well to convert the plugs... i personall prefer to chop the loom and customise it to the CD so that the wiring is minimised behind the CD...again, reducing unwanted noise problems...

:grin:

I just happen to have a Pioneer iPod compatable head unit for sale. Only used once!

What is an ipod? My budget is about £20 so I guess I will just see what's available! Probably nothing for that!

I can get Kev to fit it so that's not a problem as such, it's just whether it will end up a bit wobbly and crap. I will have a look to see what's around.

Thanks guys x

this is the one iv'e got in my Puma ... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251209081415&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_291wt_1399" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

liked it so much i bought one for the fiesta too....it's fantastic... love connecting it to my pc and storing tracks on the faceplate, but also plays my CD's too if i want the real deal.. :cool: :lol:

It's got AUx connections on the back but don't it use it personally...apple go **** themselves!.. :lol: :idea:

Back