Genuine rear goodridge brakelines now available

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue3

Message me for details, I have 25 sets £130 each plus postage, these have been unavailable for years and are the post recall item with the hardline section.

Simon

Hi Simon
Do you have any front ones.
I'm also after a set of front pads to go with new discs.
Paul

Hi Paul, Just waiting for fronts to be made, BentleyA on here aaron is probs best for pads. Simon

Yes that I know, but as there's a set of four on eBay for something like £53 i'm just a little bewildered as to the price hike.

Or is it just a case of "because FRP"?

TGPlayer1 said:
[post]359423[/post] Yes that I know, but as there's a set of four on eBay for something like £53 i'm just a little bewildered as to the price hike.

Or is it just a case of "because FRP"?

The FRP's had a recall when new as the original
Goodrich hoses that were made for the FRP to allow for the disc brake set up at the rear rubbed and were at risk of dumping brake fluid everywhere.

The solution to this was a revised line that had a metal section in to move the line away from the wheel no matter what the suspension travel. The recall replaced the original line with the new one, but all the ones listed on ebay etc are for the pre-recall. As in the ones that have a risk of rubbing.

On my black Puma I had some of the pre-recall lines made up to look OE as as the time the proper lines were not available - I'm still debating on whether to use them or not as it's only a slim risk they rub. Lots of people who have converted to rear discs haven't had the luxury of the recall style pipe.

So back to the question..... the proper lines are the price hey are as Simon had to approach Goodrich to make a special batch, back to the recall style, get the drawings, permission etc. He then had to stump up (as a private individual) the cost of 25 sets of pipes up front with little or no margin. Goodrich have said they'll never make the pipes again as the cost / difficulty in making are prohibitive for such low volumes. So in essence, you're paying for a low volume, bespoke part, that's been a hassle to get remade and will never be available again.

Can't argue with that, thanks for the info James.

I think i'll use a cable tie when I get mine though :lol:

TGPlayer1 said:
[post]359428[/post] Can't argue with that, thanks for the info James.

I think i'll use a cable tie when I get mine though :lol:

That is the cheaper and just as effective solution Tom!

Goodridge quoted Pumabuild £400 a set so I had to work really hard on them to get them down to this price. They ended up braising the hardline in house as they couldn't get their usual suppliers to do a small run

The pre recall pipes are fine if cable tied back to prevent rubbing, just a lot of frp owners prefer (as I do) having the correct ones.

Blue3 said:
[post]359444[/post] The pre recall pipes are fine if cable tied back to prevent rubbing, just a lot of frp owners prefer (as I do) having the correct ones.

Guilty your honor. Love a bit of OE. That's why I've got no money anymore!!!

Latest posts

Back