Good Old Ford Rust!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zenithus

I bought some of those Super Brilliance Halford's bulbs the other day, after seeing glowing reviews from most of you who've fitted them, thought it might be nice to actually see in the dark for a change.

Got them home and started to take the front grille off. Top two screws came off no problem, but the bottom two on both sides and completely rusted on! I've WD40'd them and stood there stripping the skin off my hands trying to get them off but to no avail!

Think it might be a trip to Jenning's down the road to get them to pull them off, might tke a screw remover or something to drill into them and get them off.

I don't think the front bulbs have ever been changed on my Puma in it's whole life!

why dont you wait til next week Jamie? take a screw driver and see if anyone else can get em off?! LOL!!!

Haha!! I probably will, don't think I'm gonna have time this next week to take it down to the garage anyway.

I have got splindly little arms, I bet someone else'll be able to get them off!

we can have a try when you bring her here - I got man power HAHA!!

Zenithus said:
Got them home and started to take the front grille off. Top two screws came off no problem, but the bottom two on both sides and completely rusted on! I've WD40'd them and stood there stripping the skin off my hands trying to get them off but to no avail!

The grille only has 2 screws holding it on :? Do you mean the 2 lower ones that hold the lights on? Get yourself some socket Torx screw and a socket set. Be able to get the little sods out with a 2ft jemmy bar ;)

My mistake, the top two are for the bracket holding the lights and grille together (better not remove those!).

Heres a pic of both the screws, image quality's a bit bad but you can probably see the rust (and the WD40 I've been spraying on).

[albumimg]1014[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1015[/albumimg]

Did the same last week. Guy over the road had a Torx socket set after 45mins and a good spray of WD40 they came off a treat. Will bring the socket set on the meet next week if you can wait that long.

Don't worry Bucky, I think this is one of these "must-have" items that I should probably get. I'll have a look at them next time I'm out Xmas shopping :)

Something like these so you can attach them to a proper socket set for more leverage:

10pc_male_torque_sockets.jpg

http://www.every-inc.co.uk/10pc-38-male" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... t-28-p.asp

I may need some of these myself..... lol
I used to use Andys tools........ need my own now! lol

you have to be careful buying tools.......all the 'necessary' ones start to add up!!!!!!!! so you need a bigger tool box..........

[albumimg]583[/albumimg]

had it less than a year and now its already 90% full!!!! & emptied my entire shed into it when i first got it!!!!

(ps- its in the dining room cos it wouldnt fit in the shed!!! ooopsie!)

Back