GOOD: Top Gear Automotive, Wolverhampton

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyW

Well my car's booked in tomorrow for a quick service and a general check over ready for the Nurburgring.

Martin sounds like a good guy, so will let you know how I get on :eek:k:

Can't wait! :-D

Ah ha! That's what she lets you think...

But deep down, she keeps lots of secrets :fists:

Well after spending all morning and half of the afternoon at TG Automotive, my car is now ready for the 'Ring :D

The bad news is it cost me the best part of £400 :(

This comprised of:

- service
- new rear brake hoses
- new radiator, as it was leaking slightly
- A/C flush, clean, and refill
- Re-fitting of nearside CV Boot, as it had come loose/adrift
- Fitting of new idler pulley and aux belt, to stop the squealing on start-up

All I can say is Martin is a top guy and really knows his stuff. He checked the car over meticulously (which is what I wanted) and spotted things I wasn't even aware of - hence the list and price above. He was very thorough with his work and made sure everything was spot on.

My car will definitely be looked after from now on by Martin and TG Automotive :eek:k:

Just a couple of things that are still niggling at me though, as anyone on here will tell you, I'm extremely fussy about my car and what's put on or in it.

I got Martin to put the coolant that was in the car back into the system after fitting the new rad. It was an orange in colour (started out pink), but it was only 500 or so miles old - do you think this will be ok? I don't fancy changing it again, as I only did it in March, and Martin took a lot of time to make sure there was no leaks or airlocks, and I don't want to undo or upset what he has done.

Ford parts - for the first time in the car's life, Ford parts were not used :shock: (for the radiator and brake hoses) Again, this is my fussy side kicking in, but Martin assured me that the Valeo radiator that he put in would be exactly the same as what Ford use. What do you guys think to this? Me just being a PITA/overly fussy?

Anyways, very pleased with the service I received :) I even left my credit card there (oops!), Martin put it in the post, and I received it the next day!

Finally, a big thankyou to Martin for doing a grand job :eek:k: finally found a garage that I can trust. I'll see you again (if you'll have me :-D )

I'd recommend him to anyone on here :)

glad all went well mate even though ur wallet is lighter. If martin says them parts are fine,id trust them.

Is their website

http://www.topgearautomotive.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

?

Im asking only beacuse if thats the same site they seem to be lotus/vx220 specilaists. Im after someone to do a bit of work on mine, water pump and cambelt, full health check too.

yeah thats right mate. Martin worked at pumabuild but branched off to form topgear. As i said in the pm. He will be the man to sort ur cambelt etc out.

Excellent. Wolverhampton isnt too far away. Cambelt is less than 3 years old, but water pump needs doing and aux belt is squeaking, might as well go whole hog......

yeah he really knows his stuff. Also doesnt bull shit which is rarity in a garage these days

Back