H&R springs too much hard (alternatives?)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorenzo Zaga

good sunday to everyone, to lowering my puma i just use H&R lowering springs -30mm front and rear, the look is dope, but in the road... is terrible, every hole in the road the car lose control and stability, in this condition i can't use my puma, and i don't want to broke the entire suspension and chassis with this springs...in italy the roads are awfull. Anyone know alternatives? better springs, new coilovers? do you have links or specific models? thanks

The only ones I can recommend are Weitec Hicon GT (NOT the GTN) coilovers that I got recommended to me because of their better ride quality over others that were current at the time. When I fitted mine I couldn't tell any difference in ride comfort whatsoever after lowering the car by 30mm like you, which is what I was hoping for, but the handling difference made a huge impact judging by my perceived "feel" along with better lap times round the Nurburgring.

I just checked the website I got them from (a long time ago now) which were the cheapest in 2010 when I bought mine for £458 all in and also the cheapest in 2017 (not too long ago) at £478 inclusive of shipping but unfortunately now they only list them as "made to order" with no actual price listed, but at least it doesn't say discontinued or unavailable.

https://www.weitec-suspension.co.uk/coilover-kits.php

No idea if you can get for a reasonable price closer to you as they are from Germany as far as I know so should be as easy to get from a more local dealer to you.... if they are still available of course.

There should be other makes/types of coilovers or dampers and/or springs available that you could go for if anyone else knows of setups with a better ride than yours I hope.

Good Luck with whatever you choose. :eek:k:

In my garage I have a set of Direnza -30mm springs that I used with the standard shocks which gave a good ride and better look and from memory didn’t break the bank. I have since fitted a set of Gaz coil overs which are brilliant, not cheap but well worth the extra money.

thanks guys :grin: i will inquire for both coilovers, i found the AP coilovers, how about? is a good brand?

Can't comment on the AP's, however those were the ones I was going to go for until someone on here had the AP's & the Weitec and advised me to go for the Weitec for the better ride quality. Both were very similar price at the time so I went with the advice.

Ride quality is obviously dependant on the driver, so hard to tell what will work or what won't for your needs.

Latest posts

Back