HCV and Dipped Beam Light

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennymc

Hiya, me again!

2 Queries below!

Firstly - My heaters have been stuck on hot for some time and I’ve learned from pretty much every website going that the HCV is the main cause of this. I also had some catastrophic engine overheating issues on a long drive to south wales where the water emptied out (with no leaks??), the temp gauge shot to the top then the bottom about 3 times in 3 minutes and after filling the coolant back up the temp would only stay in the middle through the first 3 gears (with higher revs). I bit the bullet and bought a shiny new HCV from Bridgend Ford (so the part is proper genuine) and fit it myself following this guide - http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=12365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; MASSIVE thank you for this it was brilliant.

But although it fixed the overheating issue, the blowers are still stuck on hot – I think they’re even hotter than before. I don’t have the tools to do a voltage check and I really don’t fancy ripping the dash off so before I just chuck this at a mechanic for however many hundred pounds, does anyone have any advice on what this problem could be? I couldn’t find an appropriate fuse title in the owner’s manual…

Secondly – I’ve replaced my dipped beam headlight 3 times in a week and it keeps going – highly annoying. This coincides with the fuse for the cigarette lighter(15 blue) going nearly every day… Que?...

Thanks in advance!

Back