Headlight Leveling motor or switch

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilge

Hi All

could anyone tell me the easiest way to tell if its the motor or the adjuster switch that could be faulty.
when I try to adjust the headlights there is no noise or movement from the light I have stripped the lights down and made sure they were free and greased them up.
re soldered the joints on the PCB of the motor and still nothing.
I have also Checked all the fuses I can find and they are all fine

This is driving me daft any advice would be most welcome as I would really like to get them working again.

Thanks

Andy

Excuse me if this sounds a bit obvious, but are you switching on the sidelights before trying to adjust?
There will be no power to the leveling circuits if the light switch is in the off position.
Also, the fuse is F6, which is a 10 amp fuse in the fuse box to the right of the steering wheel.
Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks but I have tested all the fuses and tried with the side lights and dipped beam.
I'm going to try a switch at weekend as both not working is a little strange.

Cheers Andy

Guide here if it helps:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10186" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looks like I Have two faulty motors, after trying a number of switches, it found that one of the headlights works if you give it a knock.
The other one dead, two ordered from fleabay fingers crossed.
Thanks for the help and to Questy for the test switches.

Andy

Back