headlights not adjusting

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlg2000

hi just relized my head lights dont move as there supposed to the fuses are ok check the drivers side fuse box bottom row fuse number 6 from the left a 10amp fuse its was ok but the lights on both sides do not adjust they did a few weeks ago but no more how do i check if the motors are jammed

Highly unlikely that both motors would have gone at the same time.
You can strip the headlights down:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10186" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

YOG said:
Highly unlikely that both motors would have gone at the same time.
You can strip the headlights down:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10186" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just click the link mate and it will bring up the guide.

well taken them apart today and chec the motors there fine i lub them up and tested the motor and the it worked put the lights back to gether it did not work so i asume there no power going to the motor i carnt hink of owt else

Have you checked the actual Switch? has it could be this at fault? Disconnect the plug from behind the Switch and use a Multi-meter and check to see if there is 12volts going to the switch?

That's what I like to see...a bit of ingenuity.

Gonna have a look at one I replaced as it stopped working and the one I fitted to the car to replace it is in about a 1000 times worse condition. Thought it was just muck on the lens but seems the Puma lens doesn't age to well so it's 'crazed' (is that a word) to hell so I want my shiny shiny one back on....lol.

Come to think of it....why don't I just swap the internals....lol. :?

Did you check for power at the connecting plug to motor and at the switch?
Checked the relay? See if you can swop one of the other relays in the auxiliary fuse box to see if its that.

Quick check might be to see if it works connected to the other side on the car then you know it's the wiring/relay to 'it's' side that's the problem.

Although if you've already had it working off a battery then the above is pretty much a given.

Latest posts

Back