Heating has a mind of its own

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry been a while guys. Right I have fitted the new hcv and it works but here and there stops again but I must say its defo better then before. Thanks for your help

Make sure you've got all the air out the system.
Remove the radiator cap and run the engine at idling speed with the heater on full heat on position 2 on the blower.
Squeeze the pipes to make sure all the air has been removed.
You should be OK once the heater starts blowing hot then just tighten the cap again.

Hey sorry for digging this up again..
Ok I've got a similar issue, the heater has been fine for around the month I've had the puma.
Today got in half way to work noticed the blower still blowing cold air, at this point I've been on road a good 35min so plenty of time to get warm.
I twisted the heater dial from warm to cold and back to make sure and still nothing. The temp needle is sitting in the usual half way between hot and cold.
I turn the blowers from 1-4 all blowing fine but still not hot.
Switched the heater off left it until I get close to work and its now blowing very hot and continued to for the rest of the journey. I did notice the fan kicking in whilst driving, but I'm in rush hour traffic so not sure if this is a problem?

Latest posts

Back