Hel Brake Lines - Fronts or Rears?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayfox

Need something clearing up if someone doesn't mind taking a look

I ordered a front and rear set of hel lines seperately as didn't have the cash to get the set of 4 in one go. The fronts came first from Hel directly and they have a stickers saying fronts on top, the rears I ordered form Brake-Lines.co.uk and they don't have a sticker on and look the same as the fronts too me..

Can someone tell me if they have sent me fronts by mistake, do they look different at all?????

8174994375_257bef94af_z.jpg

8174992095_c655f445a0_z.jpg

8174996871_3b2b651ec7_c.jpg

don't have a clue about the brake lines, but will need to visit this at some point.....

But, those two do look quite alike... :roll:

Surely someone on here should know whether front and rear puma braided lines differ visually? (connectors/length ect)

These are mine from goodridge:
BA2BF7D3-E778-418D-B2DB-DF0C1A07FB17-5866-00000501EC0DACA5.jpg

There are slight differences between the fronts and rears, the rears have the longer threaded part, I would say that the non labeled ones are rears due to the connectors on them, when I fit mine I'll take some better pictures

Ginger Tom said:
These are mine from goodridge:
BA2BF7D3-E778-418D-B2DB-DF0C1A07FB17-5866-00000501EC0DACA5.jpg

There are slight differences between the fronts and rears, the rears have the longer threaded part, I would say that the non labeled ones are rears due to the connectors on them, when I fit mine I'll take some better pictures

Cheers mate, I just wanted to put off opening them if I could, it's highly likely they did send me rears, they do look so similar to the fronts and not labelled as you say.

Kizza said:
there should be 2 different lengths. i think the longer one's go into the front but without measuring mine i cant be 100% sure.

I'll open both and check, thanks.

I pretty much paid top dollor for my Hel's (roughly £15 each), goodridge would have been fine but I wanted stainless steel throughout, plus they did a solid white which match my calipers.

Hel braided lines are made by one bloke to order in the uk so I very much doubt they would be wrong, I purchased a set from Brake lines uk for my 1991 Honda civic 1616 and the quality is second to none and fitment is perfect ;)

Back