Hello from Bavaria.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumamint

I had my first Puma more than 20 years ago. A blue 1997 1.7.Here a picture from about 2000. Sold it and have been regularly reminded by my wife that it was a bad decision and I sold it too cheaply.
Now, and many cars in between, as I needed a daily driver due to a change in my job circumstances. The choice was between a long term rental or another 1997 Puma. OMG, I have bought a rust bucket. Having said that, I got into it for a test drive and felt instantly at home. I had forgotten how well and easy they are to drive. (Not drive fast, because the cam belt is living on borrowed time. ). I am now waiting to see how much it will cost to put it back on the road, and get its TÜV (MOT). Keep you posted, if there is interest. Regards, Pumamint.

Attachments

• IMG-20231213-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20231213-WA0002.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 0
I had my first Puma more than 20 years ago. A blue 1997 1.7.Here a picture from about 2000. Sold it and have been regularly reminded by my wife that it was a bad decision and I sold it too cheaply.
Now, and many cars in between, as I needed a daily driver due to a change in my job circumstances. The choice was between a long term rental or another 1997 Puma. OMG, I have bought a rust bucket. Having said that, I got into it for a test drive and felt instantly at home. I had forgotten how well and easy they are to drive. (Not drive fast, because the cam belt is living on borrowed time. ). I am now waiting to see how much it will cost to put it back on the road, and get its TÜV (MOT). Keep you posted, if there is interest. Regards, Pumamint.
Welcome back to Puma ownership and the group, they're great cars to drive, I can't imagine what it'd be like to not have a Puma in my life.

Oh I know that feeling of regret. I sold mine in 2013 but about 1,5 year ago I got another one from 2000 with just 92k km's on it. I almost forgot how much fun they are to drive and I really don't understand what I was thinking in selling my first.

Mine is still being worked on but I'm able to ride one of 6 motorbikes I have instead so hardly a big issue. To help with the eventual bill I've taken my van off the road and for those who think its horrid weather to be on a bike, one of mine is a Honda Dullsville with good weather protection, heated grips and I have eventually found a waterproof one peice.
Keep the faith in your Puma, it will get there.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I couldn’t unsee that your number plate says KE.. that‘s roughly 60-70km away from me.
If you‘ll ever need some help with your Puma or if you wanna join a German WhatsApp group with other Puma enthusiasts just drop me a pm.

Vielleicht sieht man sich ja mal ;-)
Grüße aus Landsberg,
Patrick

Hello and welcome I have had mine since 2009 and haven't sold it. I am going to need lots of welding done to it but am determined to keep it. Still makes me grin to see it waiting for me in rhe car park!
Ha ha, I check on mine at the garage, sometimes it's there, sometimes not, so at least it moves.

This is my FRP, not a car I went looking for just saw it as a "rescue" as it was sat on a driveway for 6 tears until I "rescued" it in 2022. Turns heads at car shows for those who know their vehicles, don't see many standard Pumas around to compare it to.

Attachments

• 1704724559441.jpeg
    1704724559441.jpeg
    331.6 KB · Views: 0
welcome

I looked at Puma mk1 near 20 yrs ago and bought another Focus 3 dr 2.0 ESP as i was bigger inside

Bought my first Puma last June... been reliable since. Heating either too hot or cold but glad its working :)

This is my FRP, not a car I went looking for just saw it as a "rescue" as it was sat on a driveway for 6 tears until I "rescued" it in 2022. Turns heads at car shows for those who know their vehicles, don't see many standard Pumas around to compare it to.
Muy bien, sorry

welcome Deebie

not seen an FRP yet.... heard there is one in stroud / glos area, John W says there might be one when we can meet up in the future

enjoy

welcome Deebie

not seen an FRP yet.... heard there is one in stroud / glos area, John W says there might be one when we can meet up in the future

enjoy
At the last Gaydon Gathering in October last year, we had 6 Puma's, 2 were FRP's, Deebie with his and Colin Smith with his, the OldGimmer didn't have his FRP, but his Fiesta ST.
I'm hoping we can get more Puma's there this year and will be posting the dates when the free booking opens.

At the last Gaydon Gathering in October last year, we had 6 Puma's, 2 were FRP's, Deebie with his and Colin Smith with his, the OldGimmer didn't have his FRP, but his Fiesta ST.
I'm hoping we can get more Puma's there this year and will be posting the dates when the free booking opens.
Sounds good

Will let folks know of meets Somerset way - Chew Valley / Cheddar / Farrington

Had mine since June and not seen one in this area

welcome

I looked at Puma mk1 near 20 yrs ago and bought another Focus 3 dr 2.0 ESP as i was bigger inside

Bought my first Puma last June... been reliable since. Heating either too hot or cold but glad its working :)
Sounds like your Heater Control Valve ( HCV) is on the way out, as is mine.
Fortunately it is doing🔥 at the moment, considering the nasty cold weather we are having!

Sounds like your Heater Control Valve ( HCV) is on the way out, as is mine.
Fortunately it is doing🔥 at the moment, considering the nasty cold weather we are having!
yes local garage replaced value second time now ok. dont need a cold car when my temp can be 35.3 C AM :( having some more tests done to see whats up with me, hopefully better by the spring

Back