Hello

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pintodan

Hi to everyone.

Never owned a puma before, wanted one years ago after Jeremy Clarkson top gear review and Ford's Steve McQueen advert.

Ended up buying one for £82 off ebay as a school run and work car.

Trying to get car ready for Chelsea Cruise at end of the month (re-living my youth haven't gone since the end of the 90's).

Hello Dan :grin:

I must agree with Barry, bargain.. :cool:

Though I`d give any £82 car a serious checking over before doing any school runs. :wink:

Welcome and WOW only £82!!?? For a 1.7 with MOT?? Thats definitely a bargain, are there any big faults with it?

Enjoy the car and hopefully we can see some pics of it soon!

pintodan said:
...Never owned a puma before, wanted one years ago after Jeremy Clarkson top gear review and Ford's Steve McQueen advert.
...(re-living my youth haven't gone since the end of the 90's).
That youth-quote made my day :grin:
Bad news is, mate, a Puma - Top Gear Car of the Year 1997 - won`t make neither a Jezza nor a McQueen out of you (or me, to be honest)! Good news is, a Puma won`t make you fired from BBC Top Gear, either :twisted: Keep spinnin` and don`t forget to upload any images! :)

Hi, thanks for the comments. Car had no Mot and a mysterious water leak that two garages couldn't find (according to previous owner)???!!!

Required a headlamp bulb for mot and water leak was water pump and thermostat housing.

Will post pictures soon.

Welcome to the forum!

You'll find that on here, there are no mysteries with regards to issues with these cars! Most problems have been covered over the years - which is why Project Puma is so very awesome!

Oh and pictures please! Always interesting to to see what an £82 Puma looks like!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Wow! What a bargain! You can't go too far wrong at that price even if it needs a bit of work. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Hi, made it there and back to the Chelsea cruise last night. Ended up replacing water pump, thermostat housing, rear subframe bushes for poly bushes and lowering by 40mm. Next job is brake upgrade to 300mm discs.

That good price I have just got one and only paid 100 pound for the one I got its got full service history with it on a x reg

Hi, I have tried on several occasions to upload pics but keeps saying picture to big.
Have done acouple of thousand miles in puma and running well. Clutch coming to the end of its life, timing belt due soon so will be tackling in the near future.

Images uploaded to your persoanl gallery have to be within these specs:

File size: 500 KiB
Image width: 1280
Image height: 1024

The option to upload images straight into a post allows for slightly larger files, as long as they're under 1000KB, they should be ok.

If you're having trouble resizing the images, upload to something like Flickr or photobucket and link them in using the

Too much of a hassle to change all my photos now, but I wouldn't use photobucket, it's horrendously slow.

^^This photobucket has gone to the dogs in terms of speed and over advertising. That said it still works OK once you've uploaded the photos

Back