Help Project Puma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blactionman

Right im new to all of this..

I have a 98 1.7i Medina blue 50k on the clock. Full original MS design body kit with original 17" MS design alloys and oval powerflow exhaust with allot of sound dampening to make it less chavvy..

ive recently decided to start my own puma project and i need allot of advise sourcing materials and advise on how to change certain parts....

Firstly i wanted to no how easy it is to replace the dials on the speedo i have found a really nice blue and red conversion (not LED lights actual dial kit).

I have bought some recarcos / door cards / back seats from a millenium Puma along with some xenon lights. I no the lights are pretty easy but how easy will the interior be to fit i keep getting told its easy but im not to sure.

Id would also like some Fiesta or Focus ST wheels but ebay seems to be a bunch of fakes so
any ideas?...

Thanks and any help will be apreciated.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome along

Changing the dials not sure- should be relatively easy I would presume

The interior, If it came from a Puma it should be case of unbolt yopurs and swap it over

The ST wheels i don't think they fit right, there offset isn't right for the Puma- better finding some that have the right offset ( ET35-38 i think)

Firstly i wanted to no how easy it is to replace the dials on the speedo i have found a really nice blue and red conversion (not LED lights actual dial kit).

Changing the dials shouldn't be too much hassle if they are designed for the Puma. There are some threads on here by people that have done it before. e3silversurfer springs to mind.

I have bought some recarcos / door cards / back seats from a millennium Puma along with some xenon lights. I no the lights are pretty easy but how easy will the interior be to fit i keep getting told its easy but im not to sure.

Well you may have to do some runner swapping. Because your car is a 1998 it will most likely have the earlier floor pan which means that the seats from a Millennium edition will not just bolt straight in.

Id would also like some Fiesta or Focus ST wheels but ebay seems to be a bunch of fakes so
any ideas?...
Focus and Fiesta wheels will be the wrong offset for the Puma so unless you aren't phased by changing the handling etc then you will probably need hefty spacers to fit the wheels. Personally I'd not recommend it and would try and keep to wheels with the correct offset.

Hopefully this waffle is of some use.

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

ca66_1.jpg

Thanks for the advise... ill look into the dash thing i want to change the dial set but im having abit of trouble getting a new set that match on ebay...

Any advise about the wheels if ST fiesta and focus are not advised.? im not really bothered about having spacers i have some on my car at the moment and the handling is still fantastic on it...

ST170 wheels have been put on pumas before, but I don't know what the offset is on them. There are plenty of multispoke alloys on the market that are similar, so yuo should be able to find something that gives the same look with an easier fitment.

Latest posts

Back