Help save a Puma this Christmas...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over the year iv'e replaced all three of what looks damaged on yours.

From a good breakers;
A wing was £35 (Bolt on, very very easy to install)
Bonnet was £80 but I need another which ive found on eBay for £50 (4 bolts to undo/re-do to put on)
Headlight shouldn't be more than £40 and is two screws to undo.

If you really want to save you may be able to pursued the breakers to let you have just the headlight casing.

As for the bumper, having never replaced one I cant really comment on price. I shouldn't think it would be more than £100 for a good 2nd hand one.

Getting them all in the right colour or having the sprayed will be the more difficult/expensive bit.

Sorry to hear about the prang, I hit the back of an X5 the other day. thankfully as the back of those is much higher than the puma it only dented the bonnet and hopefully hasn't done anything to the Bee Em.

May be of interest to you:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-PUMA-O-S-FRONT-WING-BLACK-1999-salvage-spares-/260713869392?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb3c1f050" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Front wing, bumper & headlight all look to be in good nick, correct colour as well.

http://www.ford-spares.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Romoco in Stockport- always has 5-7 Pumas in that have bit the dust and parts for sale.

Cheap as well I found- Brand New Bosch Puma Head lights, £145 for the pair delivered.

Give me a shout if you need any help- My uncles Garage is on the Puma Garage List on here

Thanks for all the replies, guys :grin:

The saga continues though... :-(

Apparently, when I've told the garage that I have sourced the parts elsewhere (£150 inc delivery from a local scrappy), the car has 'framework damage' which needs correcting (at £550 in labour costs). It's the 'front panel' and 'cross member' which need the repair, then my new parts can be bolted on - though I'm more than suspicious that they are just trying to invent work for themselves.

My original quote of £1700 could now be down to a shade over £700 so I shouldn't grumble too much, but can anyone recommend a frame repair guy in the Liverpool/Manchester area?

Regards

Are your insurers not going to repair it??

That would be the first port of call and pay the excess?

Pandamonium- Enzobody shop in Ashton Under Lyne, they seem to eb well regarded by a few people I knwo. And not to expensive as well.

Back