Hesitant acceleration

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trueblue

OK people I'm now at a loss. Changed TPS, MAF, ICV, plugs, leads & various intakes and still drives like shit. The best description I can off is that it drives as if it is on 3 cylinders then kicks in on all 4. Never feels like it's gonna stall on idle. I did have a dtc on the reader about the lambda sensor but I reset it and so far not come back. HELP please cause I really want to get the Millie running ok so I can take it to ford fair instead of my black one.

Check for a leaking exhaust too... the slightest leak in these can cause poor running. May also explain the lambda code showing up. :eek:k:

Coil pack replaced and still no better. In fact it seems worse :x
Going to do a compression test later but I'm not sure that the symptoms point in that direction. It's just another thing to knock off the list :?

The items you replaced... motor factor or over the counter Ford Stuff...??

timing check... might be worth sticking the TDC pin in the back of the block and checking up top if the cam bar sits in ok..

has anyone messed with the belt or tensioner recently?

No codes to do with Variable cam solenoid ?

Regards

Coil pack taken off my old Puma, over the counter leads, MAF, TPS & ICV off old car which was running fine. Plugs over the counter. Timing belt ect have no idea, I bought the car off Ebay as a last minute bid and took a gamble :) Going to replace the Hego sensor tomorrow to eliminate that, sourced from Ian at Puma Bits.
I am booked in with Stevie to get the belt/ pump done in a couple of weeks.

Just want to get it all sorted as when it does run it seems to pull better than my other one with all the mods done :?

I was bored after getting home from work so I removed the old hego sensor from the exhaust manifold.
Surprisingly easy to undo which was a bonus :lol:
With nothing to lose I cleaned it with some brake cleaner, gave it a little clean up with a wire brush and put it back in.
Started the car and took it for spin. What a difference :eek: No hesitation and a good pull when given some beans.
Happy bunny for now :lol:

Back