Hid Kit..?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find most aftermarket HID kits are only good for lighting up everything except the bit of road you need to see

That is true if we are talking about basic H4 or H7 conversion kits that are using the headlight mirrors designed for H4 or H7 bulbs. However, puma uses lens system and is imune to such ill effects.

YOG said:
[post]347628[/post]
moondustka said:
[post]347456[/post] They're rubbish! :lol: what 'uprated' lamps are you using Dave?

If you've ever driven a car with and HID kit or projected xenons in newer cars, when you go back to the Puma it's like driving with candles :lol:
I don't have any trouble with switching between my Puma with uprated bulbs and my Audi S1 with Xenon Plus.

I think I would have to see the difference there. What uprated lamps are you using?

I had an HID kit fitted to my Ka and it was excellent in terms of visibility. Those headlights take an H7 lamp, never got flashed with them and never got stopped. But, having said that I am reluctant to put them into the Puma for the reasons discussed in this thread and it usually involves some messing around with wiring through the rear cover of the headlight.

So guessing no one has tried LED lamps then

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/consumer-news/94753/dangers-of-illegal-hid-headlight-conversion-kits-explained

Good article, but I also think investigations like that come from people who see cars as merely a mode of transportation and that is it.

I've been 'dazzled' many times by modern 'xenon' headlights; it actually happens quite frequently. I think I can't even count to 3 for the number of times I've been dazzled by an HID kit fitted on a older car. Perhaps someone should do an investigation into the factory fitted 'xenons' :roll:

Hi guys,
I have Ford Puma 1998 1.7 engine. I want to buy HID projectors for headlights, but I'm not sure which ones will fit.
Can you please suggest me some or send me a link from ebay/aliexpress or maybe original part number?

Thanks in advance!

Back