How I Changed My Windscreen Jets To "Fan Spray" and Heated

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just fitted mine after reading your project thread Slay'.

Broke most of the clips on the bonnet felt but that can stay off along with the resonator box.

Went for a little test drive as they do spread fairly wide and wasn't sure about them as I thought they were missing more than hitting. Anyway, at around 30 or more they work much better so I'm happy. Not sure about the wiring part as my windscreen stopped working which I'm hoping is a relay so that will be a job for later.

Oh....moving my felt and resonator made my car go MUCH faster - at least 50bhp improvement, and it handles WAY better too.........................or in my terms, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference in any shape or form and just as bloody noisy as it was before.....lol

Yeah when stationary mine sprays about 10 foot behind but sort off douses the screen also, but up to speed like you say its fine. I didn't bother with a fuse in the end figured it could take out the heated screen with it, if it wanted to! lol. The screen is working and the jets seem to be getting warm, although its hard to tell, so the real test will be the first frost, which cant be to long now?

This looks Good !

If you use the Heated front screen supply to the hot jet relay coil via a diode, then you can hold on the Hot Jet Relay by it's own output to it's coil, using an ignition switched supply. Back feed to the HFS is stopped by the diode. Thus the Jets will be switched ON with the HFS, and stay on until you turn the ignition off.

I was wondering if this would work, i thought the pump may not be strong enough, but youve put that one to rest. Good guide! :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back