how to flow your MAF!!!!!!!!!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol fair enough.

i thought that aswell with the back seat but it made the car look very... uncompleted lets say inside and i would of had to spend some time fitting carpet to make it look half decent. If I was going to strip the whole car then i would of gone for that race/bare metal jobby but it didnt look ryt when only half the car was like it. plus its very noisy.

try it though..

hotrod did u take out the hole centre bit of the maf?

iv just made whats there flow better.....it took 2 weeks to learn how to idle properly but wasnt as bad as urs.....

the seats actually weigh sod all...its the bloody steel back plate....carbon fibre anyone.....???!!!!

I took out the whole of the webbing from the sensor tube down to the main body, so all that is left is the tube itself. The plate on the back is now just the length/height of the tube and the airway is now about 1/2 inch long. I think the problems are something to do with the length of this exhaust airway. You can have it to play with if you want it.

Fetched a carbon bonnet today (tommyboy off the other site) so I'll be fitting that next weekend, and so the lightening begins!

i think removing the centre bit might have taken it too far....mine struggled & i left it in...cheers tho

Would it be worth trying it with the 2.0 throttle body? Was a lot easier with carbs, put the biggest one on that would fit, then mess about with the jets, simples.

iv got one im trying to get done now from a 2.0 mondeo...

done the inlet & outlet on the lathe. knife edged the non-sealing edges of the butterfly, even milled the rod so its a lot flatter when fully open...

just gotta buy a spare puma body to steal the springs off

Offer what its worth and postage...is that fair?? Its sat infront of me so ill post it as soon as you want it. Ill only sell the whole thing though understandably not jus the spring lol

Throttlebody.jpg

Any other bits let me know mate :eek:k:

mk2 version / 'for sale' version i am doing on the lathe. intake is chamfered to 30degrees, exhaust to 30 and 20 degrees and a few edges smoothed. sold a few now (exchange) and people have been very happy. £15 posted (exchange-will need the old one back, you pay postage)

yep, think iv got one spare that just needs finishing off.....

Can I just put that i have a Jacko MAF and its a great Mod, Like he has said not a massive bhp increase, but the power deliver is alot smother and more forcefull it feels from driving mine.

I'd love some more Jacko Modded parts- and we're going to get some small stickers made for them as well.

yep, 800rpm altho im being lazy; shud be a bit slower! use a carbide boring tool too but thats just cos iv got one!

Latest posts

Back