HTC Wildfire S - using alarm clock

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Blue

Anyone know how to stop the alarm? I have always used my phones as alarm clocks however this one offers me a 'snooze' and 'dismiss' icon but when I press dismiss to turn off I then have to unlock - the icons then disappear. Five minutes later it goes off again :evil: I don't mind the snooze alarm but only if I haven't tried to stop it !! The manual tells you how to set it and disable it but not how to turn the bloody thing off!!

Any ideas? You can set it to use the side bar to dismiss it but then it has to be unlocked and that didn't work either!

snooze will give you how many more minutes you have set extra after 1st alarm,if you drag down the screen instead it will dismiss the alarm turning it off :eek:k:

@ Spike That is what I hit but it starts up again 5 mins later ... thought it was because I couldnt unlock it quickly enough! Pity there is not an option for no snooze!

@ Martin I will try dragging instead of hitting :)

@ Martin .... yes - but then you have to unlock it first. By the time you have done that the bloody thing has stopped ... only to start up again 5 mins later!! lol I was halfway through my breakfast by the time I eventually stopped it this morning :D

ok, so mine isn't an HTC, but clear from this photo, to slide icon in direction of arrow...

Alarm.jpg

I dragged the dismiss icon this morning and it stopped it! ...... I then went back to sleep and made myself late lol

Spike - the Wildfire S has a red circle with an X in it and 'dismiss' underneath .... and a green one with 'snooze' underneath. No direction arrows showing you what to do with them!!

Matt - I can set my side bar to dismiss it but the phone has to be unlocked for it to work and by the time you have got your head around that after being rudely awoken it is too late as it has gone into 'snooze' mode.

Thanks to all of you for your help ....... I can now sleep in peace :eek:k: xx

I've got the manual, thanks Vix. It tells you how to set the alarm and how to disable it, just not how to turn the bloody thing off!!! lol

This site is much more useful than an instruction manual :D

Latest posts

Back