Indestructable Speed Camera

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spooky - one agreement, one disagreement

Agree - the cameras are a real contribution to road safety. My IPAQ-based satnav, just like your Angel, now chirrups away happily as I approach places with a history of accidents, a gentle reminder to check my speed. Outside the 'accident zones' traffic cars are so few and far between that the chances of getting caught doing some 'creative' driving are minimal. Win/Win :)

French D Roads? Humph! Got radared at 176kph, resulting in a side of the road fine that had to be payable in cash of £90, in the days when £90 was worth a lot more than it is now (1986 from memory)

Lucky you were in France then XIIVVX as if you were caught in Britain doing over 100mph, you probably wouldn't have just got a fine!

Ton up usually gets you an instant ban unless there are mitgating circumstances. And the Magistrate is in a good mood.

I have NEVER seen a Police car/bike on a French D road. Guess I have been lucky. Of course, Speed Safety Camera detection is illegal there....

And you will be lucky to see a Traffic car in the sticks as they are most likely in the towns dealing with crime as there are so few regular officers available to deal with it.....

There has been a Police "team" -->here<-- virtually every day for the last 2 weeks.

I'm sure they have "Community Support Police" or something on their car and jackets- I thought only "proper" police officers could do that "ray gun" work?

Twice in recent weeks the police 'teams' have been blitzing the little village of Icklingham (It really is tiny) on my route to work.

Would you believe THREE traffic cars each with a two man crew (one real, one hobby-bobby) AND an unmarked with a single guy in it.

What is that all about?

They pulled me up in the FRP for not displaying my tax disc lower left of the windscreen - though I guess they were just bored and wanted to look at the car.

They don't seem to notice the Carina (Stealth car)

Hmm, that does sound a little OTT. Maybe they have been inudated by the populus complaining about a small blue coupe flying through the villlage each day :-D

Spooky70 said:
On the M11? Certainly won't be PCSO's.

Could be Highways Agency, but they can't enforce either.

No, on the A1198 in Caxton - a small little village full of speed bumps anyway. If I could go faster than the speed limit I'd send my top suspension mount through the bonnet with the steepness of the bumps.

"Nothing better to do" springs to mind.

Spooky70 said:
Maybe they have been inudated by the populus complaining about a small blue coupe flying through the villlage each day :-D

More likely a local councillor lives in the village.

Being an everyday route I have always been pretty meticulous about sticking to 35 on the speedo. No point in pooing on your own doorstep - so to speak -

Mind you about two miles previously I have been known (almost every day) to stray into instant ban territory.

Ah, well, speed and danger is a debate that goes on and on. Its when and where that is more important than just the speed on the clock.

Being sensible is the key. And having damn good eye sight!

Back