Indicator/main/dip stalk unit.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi.
I need to replace the above unit I have one on its way to me. I have searched the how to do guide and checked the Haynes manual but can't find any thing in the former and the later appears to be a different style unit. Has anyone done this and be able to give me a rundown. I do like to check every thing out before I get the tool box out.
Regards,
Richard.

I changed one a late Fiesta mk 5 (2001) several years ago and it was very straightforward, didn't even bother to look at the Haynes manual.
Luckily I kept the Haynes manual and have used it a lot more for the Puma's
Have you a copy of the Ford Service Manual for the Puma, if not I can email you a PDF copy.

Yep it's pretty easy, column shroud off and one screw and connector I think.

I think I'm right in saying the steering wheel doesn't have to come off, could be wrong though.

I certainly didn't have to remove the steering wheel on the Fiesta, which is essentially the same as our Puma's.

Hi Richard
I have changed mine recently as it stopped self cancelling turning left. There are 2 types . 1 is for the analogue dash , the other for the digital dash . (The pin outs are different and are not interchangeable).

To fit remove the 2 halves of the column plastic shroud . The whole unit is held in with 1 pozi drive screw at 12 o' clock behind the hazard button.
You then have to release the 2 wiring connectors and fit the new unit & refit what you have just removed .

Hi everyone.
Thanks for the info. It appears that what you say is the same as the manual. I have ordered this one.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174745456271
I did not know that there are two types, I have double checked and I can't work out if I have the correct one. Lets hope it is.
Regards,
Richard

Back