Inner arch panel

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stavros34

I've got the usual NSR corroded outer wheel arch. But after removing the arch trim I found the inner arch panel is also corroded. Would this be part of the outer arch repair or an extra job on top? Anyone else had corrosion here too?

Attachments

• 20160314_182229.jpg
    20160314_182229.jpg
    660.2 KB · Views: 75
I can't really tell from your picture where you are looking, but this is my Puma 'naked' when I had the full quarters replaced:

If you follow the wheel arch tub around, you'll see some funny cut-outs. These were areas where not only had the outer arch gone, but as the arch lip you can see is in effect 'sandwiched' by the outer quarter when fitted, this had rotted in a couple of places too and new metal had to be let in.

Funnily (thankfully!) you can see that the inner sills on my normal Puma are actually rot free by some miracle, although that was 5 years ago. I pumped that much waxoyl in when it was done I think it should still be ok as the outers are still perfect

My mistake. I meant the OSR arch. The camera is in the wheel arch area pointing towards the front of the car. The corrosion is where the outer arch used to wrap around the inner arch/tub.

Back