Interior light

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumaHammer

Hi guys,

Strange one, I think lol

I put a new LED bulb in the interior light earlier and have noticed 2 things:

1 - The light doesn't come on when the ignition is switched off and I take the key out like the one I replaced did.

2- If I set the light so it comes on when the doors are opened, although it dims almost out, there is still light showing, so I have to turn it off, which is pointless, as there would be no use having the light if it doesn't come on when I get in.

I hope that makes sense lol

Any ideas what may be up here please?

Cheers,

Steve.

I've fitted LEDs to my interior light, although I made it myself, and don't have an issue.

LEDs don't need as much power to make them light as opposed to a conventional bulb. It seems that you have a slight leakage of electricity to the light which was not enough to light a normal bulb or the GEM module isn't turning it off properly.

You mentioned about setting the light to come on when the doors are open... I'm not sure if the light has to be set to that to come on/off with the ignition etc. That could be a load of rubbish though as I've never thought about trying it....

Ah, maybe mate. I am crap with electrics lol

Before I change it the light used to come on when I opened the door and when I turned the engine/ignition off.

Bit strange :-(

Thanks for the reply buddy :grin:

Steve.

OK,

I have left the bulb in there, with the unit set so that it comes on when I open the doors. Still doesn't come on when I turn ignition off but that's no real problem.

So far, no flat battery so maybe all is cool. I have heard the LED bulbs do take a fraction of the power needed by other bulbs so I guess that's why the battery is ok.

I shall see how it goes.

Steve.

I've noticed on mine today that the interior light comes on when you turn the ignition off only if the headlights have been on. But also, only if the ignition is turned off within a certain time of the headlights being switched off.

Ah, strange lol

I realised that mine does come on when you turn engine off, but not if you take key out of ignition.

Love the light it gives and have had no battery drain so I reckon all is cool now.

Just waiting for my white LED map lights now, and also going go get all the switches etc done in white also.

Love having a Ford again :)

Have fun with the map lights.... The polarity is wrong for LEDs. I bought two LEDs but pulled them apart to reverse the polarity to get them to work. And, even though the LEDs are brighter than the standard bulbs, the light was still crap.

Yep - didn't realise that until I fitted them lol

Oh well, who uses map lights anyway? :?

Latest posts

Back