Interior swapping

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommyboy3535

I have just brought a 97 puma, I wanted leather interior so I brought a written off 2000 with cream leather and some nicer wheels. All the door cards and rear seats went in fine but I'm having big problems traying to get the front seats to fit. Any ideas or am I just stuck?

The floor pan was changed around 1999 and the mountings are different. I believe you can modify them to fit.
I think you may also have to change over the pre-tensioners, but not positive.
Hopefully, someone will have more information for you.

Yaeh the pre-tensioners do need to be swapped. That's not too much of a problem, seats are driving me mad!

is there a guide somewhere on how to change the seats and cards? I will be in the same position soon although my seats are from the same year puma as mine is! :?

with mine i had to remove my Tophat Risers from the floorpan, as the later seats have a different mounthing position, the holes are there once you remove the metal plates

I know this is an old thread - but how did you get on swapping the interior? It's something I am trying to do but have had the same problem. I have a 97 but am trying to put the interior of a T reg in it. The bolts are different and just trying to see if anyone else has done the same.

Thanks

I employed a very talented young man and his lovely girlfriend! Seems ages ago now, actually it is and the old interior is still in my garage :oops: ........ open to offers!!!!

Back