Is it a puma or a tractor ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

water-bug55

Hi all my car is starting to sound worse and worse since i got her, i am pretty much a novice but keen to get my hands dirty.
http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/221/ijnz.mp4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It has the sound that you can prodominatly here on the video it also has a sort of bubbling sound which i could not get on the video, it sounds like its coming from the air filter but i have taken it apart and all seems in order and clean.
Thanks !

Hi

I'm no expert, so I can only comment on what I hear...

Knowing what is connected to the air box, I think it sounds like something may be blowing up the breather pipe. I'm not 100% sure what it is, or classed as the crank case breather or something else. It comes from the top, front of the engine.
It sort of sounds like there is a little liquid in the pipe, but the pressure isn't enough to blow it through. Sort of like it's making the fluid bubble and pop.

Maybe remove this breather pipe from the air box and see if the sound stops... maybe even just to eliminate it?

Like I said, I'm no expert, so I am totally stabbing in the dark. Just saying what I would look for...

topmansparkie said:
Hi

I'm no expert, so I can only comment on what I hear...

Knowing what is connected to the air box, I think it sounds like something may be blowing up the breather pipe. I'm not 100% sure if it is or classed as the crank case breather or something else. It comes from the top, front of the engine.
It sort of sounds like there is a little liquid in the pipe, but the pressure isn't enough to blow it through. Sort of like it's making the fluid bubble and pop.

Maybe remove this breather pipe from the air box and see if the sound stops... maybe even just to eliminate it?

Like I said, I'm no expert, so I am totally stabbing in the dark. Just saying what I would look for...
ok il try that tomorrow and let you know, thanks !

The aux belt side does sound a bit rattly, could be you need to lube tensioners, alternator, p/s pump and a/c pump to see if that quietens it down. Bear in mind that most of them should not need that treatment so be ready to replace parts if it does work.

Right i have a new video and the bubbling/tapping sound is coming from the induction hose/pipe. What do you guys think ?
http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/215/g8y.mp4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have you taken the hose off of the throttle body to see if there is anything obvious?

This is a weird one!

It sounds like one of those old style throttle butterflys with a spring loaded window, but Pumas do not have them. Have you had any idling problems because that could point to the ICV?

Latest posts

Back