is it a real FRP

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddy

hi im looking at buying an FRP and fount one that i like but i have hpi check the car it is registered as a millennium puma. i have also asked the owner for the tickford sign off sheet but he has lost it. could some one point me in the right direction on find out if the car is a real FRP or weather i should walk away.

thanks ed

May sound a stupid question, but what colour is the car?

Yellow or Imperial Blue?

Yellow - It's a project car off here built by Andy, not a real FRP but dressed up to look like one with original 909 parts minus the Mondeo alloys.

Imp Blue - Will need to see a link to the car to check the FRP##.

as above - there was a bloke on here who made and FRP type replica with his millennium Puma not so long back which is on ebay and is Yellow...

Dangerous Dave with his Millennium would never try to pass it off as an FRP though. He was happy to have a Hybrid.

Check all of the history. If you are really serious then contact Ed on the RPOC with the Chassis number from the car and he'll tell you whether it was one of the original builds.

red said:
Dangerous Dave with his Millennium would never try to pass it off as an FRP though. He was happy to have a Hybrid.

Check all of the history. If you are really serious then contact Ed on the RPOC with the Chassis number from the car and he'll tell you whether it was one of the original builds.

you mean Dangerous Andy??

Dangerous Dave sounds quite funny :lol:

Andy's didn't sell on eBay, he's re-listed it on Piston Heads instead to try and attract a serious buyer.

hey if you get the reg or chassie number,, i will be able to get on to ford etis monday and that will tell me if it is a racing puma, as i did this from my reg for my frp. :)

anyone can do that on etis, at any time.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=CBC19B680AD7D91D31EA31F8187E5923.walv0673" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just ran mine through ETIS and thought it didn't show as a racing puma till...

Minor Features
Ford Racing Puma

Liking the way it's listed :) I have a feeling it's slightly more than a minor feature!!!!

here's Andy's:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-FORD-RACING-PUMA-MILLENNIUM-1-7i-Tax-MOT-UNIQUE-/250773078267?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a633d80fb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eBay Item number: 140510028281

Link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Puma-Racing-/140510028281?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20b70ce1f9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks genuine to me, full interior, inlet manifold with original inlet hose and FRP plate.

yer looks all good but just when i hpi check it, it come up with millenium puma and it says the colour is unknow and when asking the guy for the tickford sign off sheet he has not got one.

just to add...on my chassis plate under the bonnet of my frp it is stamped puma r on my other puma it just says puma....also i have a tickford sticker with my frp number on it on the slam panel

Back