Is it worth saving? cost me £400 - 130,000 miles -showing it

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get Native said:
thanks for the comments and advice all, id love to do more on tracks/private roads but without knowing the right people,track days seem overly expensive, hundreds of pounds for one day's driving seems like a kick in the teeth. Im a keen driver, not a boy racer ,and i do live in the middle of absolute nowhere so not exactly much traffic day to day, just empty A roads and country lanes,
just to reiterate to anyone who has commented on my posts, if you have points on your licence that's your fault, no one else's. 5 years clean so far, mainly because i drive normally 90% of the time, and yes occasionally have a bit of fun.
Thought I would never get caught.Driving for 56 years(not kiddin!) 2.5 Million miles .Always had at least one quickish car and then last year a camera caught me!!.34mph in a 30 ffS in my 17 year old KA :grin: Now that's Sods law.

Get Native said:
and i do live in the middle of absolute nowhere so not exactly much traffic day to day, just empty A roads and country lanes,

My dad teaches advanced driving and as he says, it dosnt matter how well you know a road, there is always a chance there is going to be something unexpected around the next bend, could be a broken down car, tractor, horse, kid on a bike..........
Always drive at a speed where you can stop in the distance that you can see to be clear.

No idea where you live, however as said plenty of cheap sessions on track, MSV do taster sessions at various tracks for £25 for 20 min session, and well worth it

Public roads are for driving on, not for testing your power/ego/talent balance

and just remember if you 'beat' someone on the road driving a puma, its not because your car is faster, its just that their 'stupidity check' kicked in quicker than yours

I doubt there are many road legal puma's that could out accelerate my Diesel Volvo, however I'm not interested in a race.

OK fair play everyone, sorry for the immature post. Just love my car,will do some track days, just called castle combe and is £170 though,would love to know how you got it for £30!

Get Native said:
OK fair play everyone, sorry for the immature post. Just love my car,will do some track days, I thought u need a roll cage and extinguisher though or is that just for track racing?

Good positive reply :grin:

No body is being a dick about it. It's just for the good of everybody including yourself.

Enjoy your Puma and look after it and it will look after you.

Cheers

Ally

We all love our little sports cars. There is loads of people who can help you with advice on your car and track days. There is a few dedicated track day threads and track day car build threads that are good reads. This forum is one of the best for people giving advice use all the knowledge.

Graeme

local garage has quoted £337 for full cambelt and water pump change, doesn't seem to bad but when up on the ramp the other day we noticed oil all over the sump, but not dripping, anyone seen this or had this problem?

Get Native said:
OK fair play everyone, sorry for the immature post. Just love my car,will do some track days, just called castle combe and is £170 though,would love to know how you got it for £30!

Session on an Action Day. There's one in April and one in September.

Full day is about that, but sessioned days are cheaper if you're on a budget.

Hello again Native.
I really do apologise if my first post was a little abrupt.
I drive 7.5tonners for a living for a courier company and do @100 miles a day (roads not motorway) and I see some really dangerous situations on a daily basis. I`m no spring chicken and have seen accidents happen, lost friends, seen bodies and people trapped in agony.
I don`t drive fast on public roads :!:
When people hop in their cars and try to be Colin McCray, I just see a fatality coming.

But I love driving fast :p
So for £100-£200 a time I go off to Motorsport Circuits, and REALLY let go in a way you can NEVER do on a road.
You are guaranteed no on coming traffic, pedestrians, dogs. sheep, cow-shit, tractors, pot holes... etc etc etc
Plus, there are experienced marshals and paramedics on hand if does all go wrong (it rarely does)
Where are you based?
There are taster sessions and novice only trackdays available all over the country.
Try trackdays.co.uk and msvtrackays.com for a little inspiration
check out youtube too there are plenty of peoples vids showing what to expect.

Dont get me wrong, I have had fast cars and bikes in the past, and been a cock. and a lucky cock at that.
I`ve learnt, its not worth it.

Drive safe man :wink:

its cool dude don't sweat it, thanks for the advice. Im based down in Cornwall so a little off the beaten track, ill defienetly look into track days (will upgrade brakes and suspension first) Im also going to contact all the small airfields down here and see if i can arrange use of the runway, ill say i'm in the owners club and that lots of people might be interested, you never know!

Latest posts

Back