Just been hit...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnbradley

Hey...

Just been hit from behind by a BMW... absolutely gutted... rear bump cracked and popped out on right side... mah have damaged Back box and pushed right rear panel out a bit...

My insurance company aren’t gonna be able to fix it are they?

Ironically... he was a fireman and I’m a Paramedic...

any thought of what I can do? apart from the obvious ‘this is what you get for driving one every day’

Thanks

Oh no, glad you are ok.

First thought...your'e insurance company? he hit the back end..his fault, his insurance company....however insurance companies hate fixing older cars as they see no point in doing so.

My advice....if damage is not too bad, suggest he pays for damage without going via insurance company, saving you hassle of losing car, sadly that also means saving the idiot losing his no claims bonus which is a shame as he deserves to lose it.

Sure there is a joke somewhere about a fireman and a paramedic :grin:

I can sort you out with a brand new Racing Puma rear bumper. I’ve sold a couple now to body shops who are getting paid by insurance companies.

A FRP is worth 15K - so well worth fixing.

And there is a rear panel on eBay should you need it....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282820842051

Hey there...

Thanks for the replies...

I have the other drivers insurance company’s repair shop coming to take a look on Wednesday...

I have not contacted my insurance at all as they have admitted liability and are happy to pay for all repairs...

Just trying to compile a list of possible sources and prices for them... they have already said that if they can’t fix it they will offer me a cash settlement and I can get it fixed myself...

I’ve already said if they try to scrap it... I will be sitting in it...

Will keep ya updated...

Thanks

xnbradley said:
[post]367477[/post] I have not contacted my insurance at all as they have admitted liability and are happy to pay for all repairs...
You are obliged to notify your insurance company of this accident. You are not obliged to make an insurance claim, but you must inform them of the accident.

Because of the way all insurance company databases are linked, they will find out anyway...which will not go down well for you, if you haven't told them.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/ive-been-in-a-car-accident-do-i-have-to-claim-on-my-insurance

Ok...

Will call them this evening... my issue is that it will go down as s claim and I will lose this year as s no claims discount... they have done it to me before...

Cheers

xnbradley said:
[post]367482[/post] Ok...

Will call them this evening... my issue is that it will go down as s claim and I will lose this year as s no claims discount... they have done it to me before...
As you have time, then I suggest you write to them to notify them of said prang and make clear your intention not to make a claim. Writing will clear up any ambiguity about all that and not lead to a possible 'Oh, I thought you meant...' dispute later on..

Once you've written it you could fax it over :grin:

When I got hit I notified my insurance about it and it didn't affect NCD. This was a number of years ago though.

Depends how bad the bumper damage is on the broken RS kit on My Granada Cosworth we stapled, heated and then flexible plastic fillered the front overbumper together prepared it and painted it you'd never know the difference. That bodykit was so rare and expensive replacement wasn't an option although annoyingly later I saw an idiot buy 2 cheaply and then butchered them to fit the wrong year of car which never worked out, a real face palm moment!

Hey...

So I heard back from the other persons insurance company today... they have estimated that the repairs will cost between £800 and £1000 to carry out...

They have, however, only valued the car at £500!! So they see it as a CAT N and want to offer me a settlement...

What is the best way to get evidence to show them the actual value of the car? I have sent over 6 current adverts from autotrader and pistonheads of how much they are selling for at the moment... I’ve sent photos showing that it is actually FRP #032...

Any other suggestions what I can do?

Thanks

:eek:

I think they're pulling your leg.

But as to your question, I don't have any specific suggestions. I would strongly reject the valuation and ask that you can have a manager call you to discuss it further to see how they've landed at that figure.

Maybe prove it via the VIN number if it comes down to it? I'm sure Ian G has a list of them but I guess it depends how official it is,

It’ll show on ETIS as a ‘racing’ build so you have proof, and I’ve also some of the build records if need be. They are valuing it as a normal Puma without a doubt. You need to send them evidence, recorded delivery, with a strongly worded decline...

Hey there...

They had a look at what they are selling for T the moment on autotrader and pistonheads... I also sent photos of the car and the numbered manifold and they have accepted the value of the car is a lot more than £500.00...

They have approved the repairs...which is good news...

I just need to speak to the body shop tomorrow to confirm where they are getting the parts from and what paint they will be using...

glad that it is going to get fixed... one less part of the car that I will need to restore... :)

Thanks for the replies...

:cool: great news, I'm pleased to hear that the value of the FRP has been recognised.

Even at their lowest point I don't think you could buy a damaged one for less than £2.5k

Latest posts

Back