Just bought a puma however...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craigpuma63

Hi all finally got a puma after many years of a wanting one
It's a 1.7 w reg done 118000 miles but full service history and cam belt done at 80k
It has 12 months mot and has the usual rear arches rot which I intend to get done
However I've noticed when cornering I hear a knocking noise coming from the back end !
Any ideas ?

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

Considering it has 12 months MOT any of the usual suspects shouldnt really apply so maybe its as simple as your exhaust knocking somewhere maybe on the bumper.

otherwise

Could be worn axle bushes
worn shocks
Worn top mounts
something loose

did it get any advisories on any of these?

Only advisories were brake pads which was done I will have a Look later at the exhaust
Thanks

Hi welcome along, most likely worn top mounts, but other than that anything quest said.

quest63 said:
Welcome aboard :thumbs:

Considering it has 12 months MOT any of the usual suspects shouldnt really apply.

I wish that were the case! Mine came with recent tax and the rear bushes were destroyed, it had a broken spring and both front shocks wouldn't support the car any more! Depends who did the MOT really.

Tax? did you mean MOT ? if so thats pretty shocking. I understand that a MOT is only supposed to mean its roadworthy at the time of the test which is why I said usual suspects shouldnt really apply, rather than can't apply. In your case a spring could possibly break after an MOT but the bushes and shocks must take years to wear.

Personally I think its what used to be called trade MoT's is what causes a lot of the problems i.e dealers / garages who do a lot of business with an MOT station getting an easy ride.Fails are turned into advisories maybe, and advisories are ignored.

At least yours is getting lots of TLC now :thumbs:

The knocking problem seems to have gone now maybe as its been stood for a few weeks but lo and behold a new problem has arisen ! I have been on nights this week and the headlights and dash lights go really bright for a second then back to normal again it does this a couple of times during my drive to work which is about half an hour ! I'm thinking alternator ??
Will have a look for loose connection at the weekend ,
Apart from this loving the car and found out it is the lux version , heated screen etc :grin:

Back