Just one rear light not working...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystalpuma

My offside rear light isn't working, tried changing the bulb, no joy. The fuse tables in the manual don't list rear lights so I'm guessing they have another name - does anyone know what this is?

Otherwise any other ideas? It's rather odd that just one is out...

I'm almost positive that the number plate lights are wired off the same circuits(s) so if they both work, the fuses should be fine.

If the number plate lights are working, try removing the whole bulb holder and bulb from the working tail light and put it in the other side. That should rule out or confirm a problem with the bulb holder.

Near-side and off-side side lights are fused seperately.
There are also 4 fuses that cover the Main-Beam LH, Dipped Beam LH, Main-Beam RH, Dipped Beam RH.

I think you have the later Puma, which should be Fuse 7 (10amp, Red), for the RH (OS). Fuse 6 (10amp, Red), is for the LH (NS).

Thanks guys, number plate lights are working so it cannot be the fuse in that case, all headlights are also working fine.

I have the earlier Puma (mark 1.5? - 1999).

Should still be the same fuse numbers for the earlier Puma.
Fuse 7 (10amp, Red), for the RH (OS) also covers the Rear Fog Lamps.

Fuses fine (assuming side lights means rear lights which seems odd to me). Can't see anything wrong with the electrics (bits I can see), so I guess I'll just have pay someone to look at it.

Presume my brake lights are also not working, and that it's illegal to drive it now? (Can test this when Kev's back tomorrow).

Side lights, first twist of column control = little white lights front, red rear lights, plus number plate lights.
Daytime brake light test, wedge the brake pedal down firmly with a piece of wood or a brick and check rear of car.
Night time, reverse near a wall/garage door, switch off all lights, press pedal, look through rear window for red reflection.

You may need to use a meter to check for a live feed to bulb socket.

I thought it was weird they were calling rear lighs side lights!

Need to clean my garage door as it's too dirty to see the lights at the moment :oops:

Back