KEV6970 - Focus RS Mk2 PB

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev6970

So Puma was meant to be getting first of its mods in next couple of days. But stuck offshore an extra week now so thats on hold till 16th/17th before get to play with the spanners.

Though would post couple a pics of my other ford that raises a wee smile... :D

KevsRS-03_2.jpg

KevsRS-01_2.jpg

KevsRS-02_2.jpg

Standard for now. Waiting for Mountune approved dealers in Galashiels to let me know when they taking deposit on the MP350 upgrade. Also fancy getting the alloys black and possibly the bonnet vents... :)

i thought the mountune and RS500 models had already been sold via waiting list?

according to this months performance ford magazine i might be wrong though

Mountune offer a ford approved upgrade service to RS & ST models.

http://www.mountuneperformance.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i think £2000 is a lot for it, to get 350bhp

its £1150 for the ST, from 225bhp to 260BHP... an expensive addition

alan's pumabuild Focus RS claimed an impressive 370BHP when i was there getting my 300mm brake ugrade without mountune tuning i wonder what he'd done to it?

lauraspics024.jpg

well taking a look on the pumabuild website, instead of just wondering lol, probably something along the lines of this:

Stage 6 Big Turbo 360bhp/400lbft

A very powerful power upgrade for the Focus ST once again we are leading the way with the Focus ST. We have fitted a larger GT28 Turbo and still retained the strong low down power and torque. The GT28 turbo starts to produce boost as low as 1,500rpm, at 2,500rpm there is 1bar of boost and at a little over 3,000rpm there is 1.2 bar of boost. The standard turbo runs out of breath at 4750rpm and above the small stock turbo simply cannot supply enough air to the large 2.5 litre engine. The GT28 is a flexible turbo and can supply enough air to the engine even at high engine speeds so peak power is an easy 350bhp. The GT28 Turbo on this engine could produce 475bhp but we have limited it to 350bhp. So this is a turbo working to 70% of its capability so it will remain reliable. The drive of the car remains the same you will sill be able to go to the shops and pick the kids up from school but with the added bonus of having 360bhp to play with. Figures are all dyno proven on independent rolling road!

Performance Times

0-60 5.6sec

0-100 12.5sec

Top Speed 156mph

Above figures were recorded using Performance Ford Magazine’s G.P.S data logging equipment.

N.B This vehicle was not fitted with an LSD these times we be greatly improved when a LSD is fitted.

Price from £4,500 Please Contact us for quote or more information

NOTE: that is on the ST page but the RS Mk2 is probably not too much different :D

spike. said:
i think £2000 is a lot for it, to get 350bhp

its £1150 for the ST, from 225bhp to 260BHP... an expensive addition

Yeah, but its an extra 50hp that wont affect the ford warranty in any shape or form which for some people is nice to know.

Im in touch with local mountune approved dealer just waiting for the word on taking deposits... :)

I guess after having spent a lot on my st, another £1100 is hard to find now, maybe in six months i'll consider it.

yeah just think before you put your foot down and the turbo kicks in you will save loads of money...lol

pumakid2010 said:
yeah just think before you put your foot down and the turbo kicks in you will save loads of money...lol

Im confused. Think before putting the right foot down?? What strange talk is this???? :)

kev6970 said:
pumakid2010 said:

Im confused. Think before putting the right foot down?? What strange talk is this???? :)
hahaha yeah i know totally crazy its so boring driving econommical

just floor it.....lol

my mate drives a subaru STI and wreckons he does £20 a day in petrol easy

my mate drives a subaru STI and wreckons he does £20 a day in petrol easy

Yeah, Know all about that. RS can drink the stuff on a spirited run. 5 pot sounds nice though.

Looking forward to getting Puma on the track ofr a few days fun though.
With work commitments will probably be few months before that happens though!! :(

So time home was limited to just over a week so never got started on mods much past sorting out some of the dreaded rusty arches. Got limited pics but will open up a new project thread for now and keep it updated when back home.

For now, here's my two blue ovals beside each other... :)

Photo-0304.jpg

Photo-0303.jpg

Latest posts

Back