Key query

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roots893

Hi very interesting read but doesn't answer my query!!!....... I have a V plate model which I believe Is a 2000 model when I got her I only got 1 key which is the standard solid flat type, I therefore have to activate the alarm on the door lock my ? Is am I missing a remote key and if so will main dealer be able to supply a replacement? Or have I got a basic model that does not have remote looking fitted?

Thanks Annie

i think remote locking was standard on all pumas, you will need to find out if yours is ir or radio, look at your interior light, does it have a longish black bubble in front of it? if it does yours is ir, if not it will be a radio one. ford should be able to sort you one out but it wont be cheap. btw i think yours must be a 99 one as mine is a early 2000 and is w reg.

A 2000 V reg will be the radio type of remote key. If you take your existing key to a local Timpsons, they'll be much cheaper than any Ford garage. Try any local car locksmith too.

lusid666 said:
i think remote locking was standard on all pumas, you will need to find out if yours is ir or radio, look at your interior light, does it have a longish black bubble in front of it? if it does yours is ir, if not it will be a radio one. ford should be able to sort you one out but it wont be cheap. btw i think yours must be a 99 one as mine is a early 2000 and is w reg.

Cheers fella no it doesn't have the black thingy!!! So guessin it's the radio then which Dal has confirmed below! :lol:

Dal said:
A 2000 V reg will be the radio type of remote key. If you take your existing key to a local Timpsons, they'll be much cheaper than any Ford garage. Try any local car locksmith too.

Cheers Dal .... That's great for spare keys but I'm guessing if I want a remote system then I need to look at a bolt on? :?

Timpsons sell the remote keys - I bought one for my old Mondeo ST from them. Your 2000 V reg will have remote locking.

Back