Key woes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my remote central locking hasn't worked since I got the car (never checked it at time of buying it...doh).
I have swapped the battery in my key and tried re-programming it, but it wont program, or at least doesn't seem to be.

What I'm wondering is, if I got a key from another Puma that was being broken down, if I swapped the blade, should this technically re-program to my car?
Then I would know if it wont re-program that it's not the key that's faulty right?

Cheers

Does the car go in to programming mode OK?

You can test it without swapping the blade if you have the replacement, put it into programming mode using the existing key and then press a button on the replacement and see if it works.

If it did then swap your blade and the immobiliser transponder from the inside and then reprogram it to open your car.

There's a few things that go wrong with the RCL fob, sometimes the connectors don't touch the battery properly, sometimes the solder joints go dry and other times the circuit just gets broken.

So happy days, got a key an it programmed no probs. I got a plain key off eBay an got the blade cut to use too.
Do I just have to get it programmed to start the car now too?
Any recommendations on this, just go thru Ford or what's best?

Back