KT

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the car up on a ramp on saturday. My ford guy thinks the water pump is fine, as the aux belt was dry. However the car had been running and was warmed up by the time he got to look at it. I still suspect the water pump is cuasing the squeak, so since ive got one i might as well get it changed.

Of more concern is the copious amount of oil on the back on the engine and everything underneath. Most likely culprit is the gasket, so this is getting changed while the engine is being took apart to get at the water pump on saturday hopefully.

Will update on progress to those interested.

DradusContact said:
Of more concern is the copious amount of oil on the back on the engine and everything underneath. Most likely culprit is the gasket, so this is getting changed while the engine is being took apart to get at the water pump on saturday hopefully.

They can continue to leak even with a fresh new Ford gasket.

The 4 fixing screws IMO do not give a wide or strong enough force on the engine top cover to compress the gasket to stop oil leaks. Use some high temperature gasket sealant as well as the rubber gasket.

No - the screws (9?) that go through the plastic cover, just hold the plastic cover on. I'm refering to the 4 nuts that hold the magnesium cover on the top of the engine.

Circled in red where the nuts screw down onto:
enginetopcoveroffcircled.jpg

Ok cheers for info ill try and get some sealant.

My dad said to my ford guy, refering to me/ the car

"Its a shed, ive told him to get shut of it"

I dont know if he was joking

:(

Recent updates/upgrades:

Milltek 421 and FRP sports cat now fitted. Not sure about power increases, i imagine there will be some improvement but its not really obvious so far. The noise is the exact same at low revs and cruising but welly it, and its fantastic!

In may I got 4 Goodyear Excellence tyres. They grip really well, nothing amazing compared to Toyo's i expect but good enough for me and theyre meant to wear well.

Glad to hear you got your 421 maniflod fitted, they do sound awesome these just as you come onto the cam and on overrun too!

Next thing, im hoping for some sort of remap. Cant decide on yours or the pumaspeed frp one.

Just a recap for myself so i know where my £2k has gone.....

>Milltek 4-2-1 Manifold, FRP catalyst and Milltek back-box
>Weitec GTN semi-adjustable coilovers
>Powerflex polyeurothene bushes
>Alpine CDA9813R head unit
>JBL Component speakers
>Smoked side repeaters
>Leather interior
>Tinted windows
>Later style boot with additional brake-light
>Later style 258mm brakes with Mintex discs and pads
>Ford accesory mudflaps and handbrake cover
>Metal tax disc holder with puma logo

Currently looking into heat-wrap for the manifold as ive had to take out the heatshield.

Also got a bee-sting antenna, think this is a bit naff though. Want to get rid of it all togther, but havent figured out a way to do this yet.

Are the brakes noticably different to the earlier spec ones, and were they fitted on all later spec models??

I think they came along at the same time the third brake-light boot was added and the darker interior. Your talking late 2000 models onwards, so some X regs and everything after that. Theyre a straight swap, very easy to fit if you want to fit them. (says he who just watched Jacko and Elvin doing it!)

Yup - calipers, discs and pads. Bolts straight on so no drilling etc. I changed Red's old Melina over - you'd have no probs Ben.

Ill look into that then. My mate has two 2000 onwards pumas in his yard so just a matter of ££££ as usual. Cheers guys

Latest posts

Back