Laptop Insurance

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty1.7

Has anyone got specific Laptop Insurance?

I share a house with some one and i want cover just for my Laptop

I've found these and they seem legit and seem tocover all basis

https://www.jltonline.co.uk/secure/Laptophome.asp?product=Laptop&promCode=79976" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No am not planning anything dodgy with my sony am just thinking for the future

What do you all think?

when i was in university, i was living with 5 other people and i didnt had to insure anything. What i think would be best is to lock all valuables away esp the windows and doors when you are going out. these are good enough to deter any one from attempting stealing anything.

if there is a very high risk of getting it stolen, I would insure it then. But as I am skint, i will most probably carry it wherever i go :p

I didn't read the details but is it worth insuring your laptop? Most insurances have excesses and by the time you have paid the premium and excess you are on the way to affording a brand new lappy. As Elvin says, lock it away in a secure place.

I'm thinking for Accidental Damage after the pa lava with my Sonys screen.

The paper work sys no exccess and when i have spoken to them they have confirmed it has £0 excess to pay out

Some i have found want £25 excess which is still veyr cheap compared to the damge repair costs

ultimately up to you ;) but imo, i wouldnt deal with insurance companies (whateva they are out to insure)... most of the time, they will fight to NOT payout when you claim from them and you willl lose more sleep and get high blood pressure over them, which imo is not worth my time and effort ;)

I think your laptop would come under your home insurance policy, ensure that it is in the home contents list together with its value.

Mark.

Back